Box Cases

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I have ordered several cases in the past year myself and Mark is a pleasure to deal with and a nice guy and he makes a great case.

Would you mind showing some pics
I have no idea what they look like
and its like the other guy said he seems to respond to emails like once a week

BMW

Banned
They are Oneil Box cases...I don't have any pictures, but I am sure if you do a search on AZ they will come up. Also, you can call him and I am sure he will send you pictures.

BMW

Banned
Here is the phone number for Oneil Cases ask for Mark Dorf 262-637-3866...If he doesn't answer the first time, Keep trying him.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
They are Oneil Box cases...I don't have any pictures, but I am sure if you do a search on AZ they will come up. Also, you can call him and I am sure he will send you pictures.

I asked him for a few pics by email
search comes up with about 30 threads and only 2 have a pic of a leather covered box case
not the nice wood one like im wanting

its getting frustrating
im debating whether I should just by my own curley maple lumber and cnc it my self

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any chance you fine folks with these box cases from Mr. O'Neil can post a few pics so we can see what they look like including a few interior shots? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pics

The case shown in this link is typical of an O'Neil case.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=218458

I believe they come in configurations from a 1x1 all the way up to the dealer case which is a 12x12.

I've purchased 2x2's, 2x4's, 4x8's, 6x6's, 12x12 dealer case, as well as a 20 cavity dealer case that only holds butts. Some of my cases were made extra long and they are available with or without a storage area.

Interiors are generally black but I have one he made in green as well as a special order he made for me with a white interior.

Some people claim the older cases were nicer, but I have both new and old O'Neil cases and can't see any difference in any aspect of them. A well-known dealer in high-end cues recently told me these were one of the best cases in which to safely store cues and that they should be stored on end with butts and tips down.

I find Mark easy to work with but he has very few if any cases ready to ship. Most are made to order and dependent upon which wood boxes he has on hand from his supplier. I believe he works alone but may have another helper in the shop. I'm not sure.

He generally gets a case to me in a couple of weeks or sometimes longer if he is waiting on wood boxes to be delivered.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
picked this up from mr 3 cushion
lovely case
needs latches on the back the leather straps make it really wobbly and unstable

easy add on and wont be visible and the leather can stay

any idea on the maker?
bill didnt know who made it either

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice box case

Hello Sur

Looks like the type of case Roger Taft was making.

Nice pick-up

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Hello Sur

Looks like the type of case Roger Taft was making.

Nice pick-up

hah you maybe right totally forgot about him
how do you make these amazing cases then just dissappear

like the guy who was building equally amazing cue cabinet displays

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Box case

Hi again

Yes. I was fortunate to get a display case from him. He was Arounceville on AZB I believe

I had actually ordered a case from Roger. We spent quite a while with the design, woods, handle etc. I sent him a deposit but he had some problems with his shop. He was a gentleman about not being able to build it. Of course he refunded the deposit. I truly hope he reappears

Pix of my display case

I had seen your case before and thought it was stunning

Regards
Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 203

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
thats really neat
the cue case and cabinet

I was this close to buying one of the spalted something or other cue cabinets from pat diveny, whom arouncville said had one but not using
the glass was broken then last second pat saw the wood by the hinge was cracked and wouldn't sell it like that
and now ill just have to wait for one to pop up or get fed up and find me a carpenter