Brand New Pool Book just released called The Heart of a Pool Champion

Joey27

Registered
Plot Description: Lanie Schafer leaves her home in Europe to pursue her passion of pool in the United States only to discover a crazy world of both hustlers and champions. She rubs shoulders with some of pool’s elite professionals, including Val, who will need the cold and relentless heart of a champion to find his purpose in life and defeat his newfound European rival. Does Lanie have the heart to live up to the elite status she has succumbed to by the Americans? Will Val be able to deal with her as his worthy opponent, and fulfill what was his father’s sort of posthumous destiny for him?

Part of what inspired the writing of this fictional story is a lack of internal-based themes in most of the pool books that you see on Amazon. You are not going to see very many pool books with a title that is about anything more than running the table or hustling pool for a living, which in my opinion is nothing more than an old school Hollywood cliched theme. I hope people like my new book because it was really written from the heart, and not just a typical hustler story. No disrespect to WT's work because I loved those books that were later both turned into feature films and American classics.

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 267

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Plot Description: Lanie Schafer leaves her home in Europe to pursue her passion of pool in the United States only to discover a crazy world of both hustlers and champions. She rubs shoulders with some of pool’s elite professionals, including Val, who will need the cold and relentless heart of a champion to find his purpose in life and defeat his newfound European rival. Does Lanie have the heart to live up to the elite status she has succumbed to by the Americans? Will Val be able to deal with her as his worthy opponent, and fulfill what was his father’s sort of posthumous destiny for him?

Part of what inspired the writing of this fictional story is a lack of internal-based themes in most of the pool books that you see on Amazon. You are not going to see very many pool books with a title that is about anything more than running the table or hustling pool for a living, which in my opinion is nothing more than an old school Hollywood cliched theme. I hope people like my new book because it was really written from the heart, and not just a typical hustler story. No disrespect to WT's work because I loved those books that were later both turned into feature films and American classics.

I love pool books of all kinds, however the cover of this book needs some work. The young ladies stance (on the cover) is bazaar to say the least.

Based on the cover I am thinking romance novel...

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Much success with the book.
Val Madonna?
Interesting symbolism?

Joey27

Registered
I love pool books of all kinds, however the cover of this book needs some work. The young ladies stance (on the cover) is bazaar to say the least.

Welder84: I appreciate your insight. I hired a professional photographer and we only had 30 minutes to do the photo shoot. The model that we worked with is not a full time player, but has played before. See message below from the Photographer on set...

John Pirkey
We didn't pose her into a real pool player stance for a couple reasons. 1) what a real pool player looks like rarely looks good in advertising. 2) that was her natural stance anyway, and it was good enough for Joey, so it was good enough for me. 3) We had about 30 mins to get this done and I wasn't gonna waste time with that. I don't know why the photo looks like a weird gray fade, but *shrug* Joe did the final work on the cover design.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welder84: I appreciate your insight. I hired a professional photographer and we only had 30 minutes to do the photo shoot. The model that we worked with is not a full time player, but has played before. See message below from the Photographer on set...

John Pirkey
We didn't pose her into a real pool player stance for a couple reasons. 1) what a real pool player looks like rarely looks good in advertising. 2) that was her natural stance anyway, and it was good enough for Joey, so it was good enough for me. 3) We had about 30 mins to get this done and I wasn't gonna waste time with that. I don't know why the photo looks like a weird gray fade, but *shrug* Joe did the final work on the cover design.

No biggie. I wish you much success! We need more pool books.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Gotta be lamest cover photo ever. Looks like a contortionist playing pool. Sorry but i call 'em like i see 'em.

Joey27

Registered
Gotta be lamest cover photo ever. Looks like a contortionist playing pool. Sorry but i call 'em like i see 'em.
Garczar: we didn't have time to work with her on her pool stance / posture. Everyone has a different figure and holds the cue differently. We thought this would suffice for a fictional pool book. She fits the character description pretty accurately in the book. I'm sorry you don't like the photo.

Joey27

Registered
I'd do her!
Any chance it will be available on NOOK?
Good luck with the book
Paul
atlas333: NOOK? Do you mean Kindle? I'm starting out with it on Paperback only. I might consider Kindle in the near future, but right now only one platform is available.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great! I will read this.
As for the cover...it’s fine. Her stance is weird to a pool player but it almost looks like she’s moving a little and half smirking like she knows she has the best of it. Which adds a little mystery.

Joey27

Registered

Well, hey bro... sex SELLS!!!