brass joint collar

capnp72

Registered
I was wondering if a brass joint collar would make a softer hit than a stainless steel joint. What do you all think about this? Thanks.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was wondering if a brass joint collar would make a softer hit than a stainless steel joint. What do you all think about this? Thanks.

Based on actual first hand experience with several cues of both types...

Not enough to notice...

Sorry.

Dale

tsp&b

Silver Member
The original question calls for an objective answer for subjective question. Beauty (or in this case the "feel" of the "hit") is strictly in the eyes (opinion) of the beholder (shooter). And would change from person to person. Personally I love the look and "feel" of a brass joint, both collar and pin. But that is just my opinion... :)

Thanks,
Todd

capnp72

Registered
People's opinion is what I was looking for. If I didn't word my post correctly to get that thought across, I apologize. :)

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People's opinion is what I was looking for. If I didn't word my post correctly to get that thought across, I apologize. :)

Well brass is softer than steel, but I doubt the difference in hardness could be noticed. Someone may notice the weight difference and determine that's what makes the cue hit differently.

short version: subjective. some people may say they notice, some may never know.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not that sensative to the cue hit/feel. I have brass jointed cues and stainless jointed cues,(handles only) , I can not tell the difference.I notice more of a difference with a change in tip, than the joint material in the handle.