Break Tip.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mad Man Jump/Break tips are the best I have found.

They are made out of a single layer of very hard treated leather. Because they are single layered they have no delaminating problems.

You can find them on the cuesmith site below on the tips and ferrules page.

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
For cheap and easy and those people that don't like phenolic, I use water buffalo tips.
Dave

Paxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello,

I don't like phenolic, too.
I use the Samsara Breake/Jump leather tip. It's very hard but more control as phenolic.

Best,

Andreas

jeopardy98

Registered
I had a phenolic on my break cue and I hated it. Once it finally flew off I had a Samsara installed and I swear by that tip now. It has amazing power but still allows you to get some spin on the cue ball for 8 ball breaks. My whole team uses it and they all love it. One of our 5's had an 8 ball break his second hit with it.

GatzkeCues

It used to be a hobby
Silver Member
MadMan

I will have to agree with Hightower on this one.
The best consistent breaks I've ever had are with the Madman tip.

Sport666

FC3 Custom Cues & Repairs
Silver Member
Hard Tip

Mad Man single layered Jump/Break tips are the best I have found.
You can find them on the cuesmith site below on the tips and ferrules page.

I like Mad man J/B tips the best.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have installed and used both the Samsara and the Madman break tips that Chris now has exclusivity on. (Luck or Smart? Either way a good move! :thumbup:)

The Madman tips hit just as hard as the Samsaras but have more control, so you can keep your cue ball out in the center of the table, or use the English recommended/necessary for an 8-ball break from the side.

Madmans are half the price (or less) of the Samsaras, so they have that advantage as well. But, I carry both, so those customers that insist on a Samsara get what they want, but at a premium price.

Andreas, I can't imagine what a Samsara must cost you in Europe - 25-30 Euros for the tip itself? Ugh!

My 2 cents,

Gary

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
Ultraskin HH Tip

Try one of the Ultraskins HH tips...I thought the samsara jump , break tip was good till I tried the Ultraskin (HH) hard hard tip. they jump great and great cueball control also...:cool: << ED

onebadscorpio72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the Odega tip... they are awesome break tips...and I think they out perform the competition ..and they are leather also ...so lots of grip on the cue ball

Last edited:

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
I've used phenolic, white diamond, and pressed water buffalo. The tip that I have on my breaker now is the madman J/B. I didn't know that Chris was recommending them when I put the tip on but it is my favorite. I have not used the Samsara or the Odega tip though.

JMO,
Alan

Last edited:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
MadMan, as good as one can have

let me add another vote for MadMan tips. Both break and jumb/break tips he offers are top notch!
Our customers were positively shocked with the degree of control MadMan hard leather tips offer compared to phenolic ferrule/tip. Phenolic is good but for controlled break hard leather is better.