Breaking in rotation games...Do you look where balls are placed???

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pondered today while driving how many people check where say the 2 and 3 are placed in a 9 ball rack or maybe even 10 ball or rotation.

I don't and really didn't even think about it until today. But I would imagine knowing how to break due to the placement of balls will increase one's runout %. It is fairly easy to predict where the 1 ball is going but maybe not so much for balls after that, at least for me. I usually check for open spaces between the balls and adjust where I break from there.

So, how many here check the rack before breaking for ball placement???

I really want to get JoeT's racking secrets. Maybe this is something he has touched on.


Gary
 
WOW, 1 response so far!

I thought this thread might spur some racking techniques since there are so many 'rack mechanics' out there.
 
15 Ball Rotation is a much overlooked game. The game is played like 9 Ball, but one ball doesn't win the game, high count wins. You have a big Break Shot to come with & lots of balls to spoil your position.

The game is fun & can be made difficult.
 
=)

In 9 ball I like something like this..
1
73
695
28
4
Always out the two and three on on opsites sides.. and the three on the oppsite side from which he breaks from.. I think Mike Sigel called this the run stopper..
 
Robertduke said:
In 9 ball I like something like this..
1
73
695
28
4
Always out the two and three on on opsites sides.. and the three on the oppsite side from which he breaks from.. I think Mike Sigel called this the run stopper..


Thanks for the feedback, Robert!! I haven't learned any racking patterns.


Gary
 
Ky Boy said:
Thanks for the feedback, Robert!! I haven't learned any racking patterns.


Gary

Most of the time when you rack them like I described earlier.. The one and three are up table and the 2 and 4 are down table so they have to travel a lil bit to get the runout.. =) Its not much help if your playing a good player with a great break..
 
15 ball Rotation is played with a full rack of balls; the 1 at the top of the rack, 2 and 3 at the corners and 15 ball in the center (some place the 13 and 14 behind the 15).
 
Back
Top