Brent Hartman, BHQ

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
SPINDOKTOR said:
Brents cues look really good, I like the tapers on the butts too, I cant wait to try one, I can say the Ivory ferrule shaft I got from brent plays lights out, the guy whom it was for said, Now if I just had the rest of the cue to go with the shaft, lol... he compliments the shaft alot, and brags on the English he can get with it.. I tried it and I must say he does have bragging rights...

FYI, Brent gave me two shafts for a friend with Mcdermott, he said the shafts were going to be thrown in the fire pit!!!! If those shafts are his mistakes, Id really like to see what he calls good!...

Brent, Id like to thank you again, and Im surely going to be on your waiting list ASAP..

SPINDOKTOR
LOL
they weren't mistakes
they were a little warped if i recall
they straighten out for you??????? :D
i hope ASAP is ASAP
getting covered up buddy

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
ridewiththewind said:
Holy crap, Brent!!! That's is one b!tchin' birdseye butt... sleeve in that cue!!! Very nice indeed! :D

Lisa

These are all nice cues. But the BHQ Brent is sending will give these a run for their money. :)

Brent, what say you?

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
JohnPT said:
These are all nice cues. But the BHQ Brent is sending will give these a run for their money. :)

Brent, what say you?
i'm working on it. sorry be being such a slow poke :eek:

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another nice cue. Spoke with my son [Cliff] yesterday and he stated he loving that cue you built for him more and more. The team won the Money Cup 8-Ball tournament at Noth Park Grill in S.C.
Bob

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've been playing with a bhq that is on loan to me. Just a simple sneaky. Plays very nicely. Maybe a little thinner in the shaft and butt than I'd order normally, but cue plays great.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
cubswin said:
I've been playing with a bhq that is on loan to me. Just a simple sneaky. Plays very nicely. Maybe a little thinner in the shaft and butt than I'd order normally, but cue plays great.
rent to own???? ;)
what cue is it???????

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brent's makin nicer cues all the time!

I just decided that I was going to shoot with a different cue for 9-Ball!

Alot of the local players are using the 59" cues I like to make and, the 60" cues Paul Allers is famous for up here in the NW.

Well, I had Brent convert a couple of old Brunswick Hi-Run B-Fly cues a couple years back and decided it was time to blow the dust of the case and actually shoot with this cue.

100_3733.jpg

Specs and such will follow; however, I can assure you that it plays very solid -- I'll try to put together a better review as I play with the cue -- Brent it is an AWESOME cue Sir.....Thanks Again!!! ;)

Last edited:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
I just decided that I was going to shoot with a different cue for 9-Ball!

Alot of the local players are using the 59" cues I like to make and, the 60" cues Paul Allers is famous for up here in the NW.

Well, I had Brent convert a couple of old Brunswick Hi-Run B-Fly cues a couple years back and decided it was time to blow the dust of the case and actually shoot with this cue.

100_3733.jpg

Specs and such will follow; however, I can assure you that it plays very solid -- I'll try to put together a better review as I play with the cue -- Brent it is an AWESOME cue Sir.....Thanks Again!!! ;)
thanks kenny, shoot'em straight :D

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BHQ said:
thanks kenny, shoot'em straight :D

I had Brent build this cue a couple years ago out of an old Brunswick Hi-Run one piece cue.

Overall length is 59"
Cue weighs 18.5 oz
Shaft is 29 1/4" Extremely nice snow white tight grained maple at 4.5 oz
12.5mm LBM Ferrule with a Talisman medium tip
Butt is 29 3/4", 14 oz and 1.25"; the measurement at the joint is .830"
The cue is balanced perfectly at 18.5" from the buttend
Fit and finish is clean; the wrap is excellent

Brent used a very nice piece of Cocobola for the buttsleeve and joint (3/8-10 SS pin). I would tell you that the cue feels really good in your hands and plays solid; nice crisp hit -- the cue definitely shoots'em straight Brent ;)

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
I had Brent build this cue a couple years ago out of an old Brunswick Hi-Run one piece cue.

Overall length is 59"
Cue weighs 18.5 oz
Shaft is 29 1/4" Extremely nice snow white tight grained maple at 4.5 oz
12.5mm LBM Ferrule with a Talisman medium tip
Butt is 29 3/4", 14 oz and 1.25"; the measurement at the joint is .830"
The cue is balanced perfectly at 18.5" from the buttend
Fit and finish is clean; the wrap is excellent

Brent used a very nice piece of Cocobola for the buttsleeve and joint (3/8-10 SS pin). I would tell you that the cue feels really good in your hands and plays solid; nice crisp hit -- the cue definitely shoots'em straight Brent ;)
thank you kenny,
your endorsement check is in the mail!!!! :eek: :D ;) :)
LOL

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
BHQ said:
rent to own???? ;)
what cue is it???????

One that Jazz owns, and no just borrowing for a bit. Purple heart butt sleave, hoppe ring, black joint. Looks like older purple heart or rosewood handle conversion. Nice cue.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
cubswin said:
One that Jazz owns, and no just borrowing for a bit. Purple heart butt sleave, hoppe ring, black joint. Looks like older purple heart or rosewood handle conversion. Nice cue.
this one?
spanky1.jpg

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
BHQ said:
this one?
spanky1.jpg

Believe it is that one. Like how it plays.

Jazz suggested a couple cues if my memory is correct, and I asked if I could play with this one. Been wanting to try out one of your cues. Now I'm going to need one sometime later in the year or next.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
cubswin said:
Believe it is that one. Like how it plays.

Jazz suggested a couple cues if my memory is correct, and I asked if I could play with this one. Been wanting to try out one of your cues. Now I'm going to need one sometime later in the year or next.
since you got that one in your hands , see if you can measure the butt diameter for future referance.
if i recall, it was about 1.22" .
you said shaft was a little thin for you, 13MM thin?????
maybe someone sanded it down ?????????????

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
sent you a pm...try to find some calipers soon. Probably be this weekend since I'm sick.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
cubswin said:
sent you a pm...try to find some calipers soon. Probably be this weekend since I'm sick.
me too
strepp throat
wife has strepp AND shingles
no, she isn't a roofer :rolleyes:
my kid is getting married may 10th
i hope we all get well by then