Broken Revo

louieatienza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know from Fishing Rods, there are different grades of Carbon. And Carbon, Glass Rods. The Hybrids are my choice as they tend to fit into my budget better over Expensive St. Croix and G Loomis.

Even with Fishing Rods, and now, would assume that the Revo would be no different, you may have a small scratch or nick on the rod. You may not be able to detect that, but that is where it will usually break.

How many times has your cues been at the table, in a cue holder, some Drunken Knob goes past and the entire set hits the floor. I have seen Tennons snap, ferrules crack, and tips fly off from the sideways blunt force of hitting a hard surface.

I think most of us are old schoolers, in the respect that Maple has been the choice for many decades of playing. Since the old days of customs to now.

Once we find our magic shaft from playing and testing different diameters, tapers and tip choices, most of us would be reluctant to switch to another material.

Maybe the Revo is good, or will be better at a later date. I am sure that Predator did put them thru stringent testing. Maybe just didn't count on the sideways force that they would be put under by accident.

For the price and my own playing ability, I will stick with Maple. Always been good to me.

BTW, there was one Cue Maker, can't remember his name now, but he was, or had made several Jump Cues from Carbon. At the time, I think that the carbon rods may have been a little cost prohibitive to go further with them, as with price, even back then a few years, there was a limited market for them.

Even with CF mountain bikes, what appears to be a small scratch could be the beginning of a catastrophic failure. Aluminum frames even suffer from metal fatigue and can be subject to joint failure as well.

Golf's long drivers routinely break shafts... I saw one fail as the shaft hit the guy's back on the follow-through!

Fishing stuff... forget CF, look at the cost of a hand-made bamboo fly fishing rig!

Jawzcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Close...it's in Massachusetts but not in Boston..not even the same area code as Boston

For the purposes of a worldwide stage, Boston, MA is perfectly fine. And area codes can change by a distance of across the street. I presume you meant zipcode, as area codes are for telecommunication and not land area designation.

Either way, I am sure my intended point was understood. What was yours? :wink:

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
For the purposes of a worldwide stage, Boston, MA is perfectly fine. And area codes can change by a distance of across the street. I presume you meant zipcode, as area codes are for telecommunication and not land area designation.

Either way, I am sure my intended point was understood. What was yours? :wink:

Zip code, area code doesn't matter as it's not in the same vicinity. The only reason I know is because I worked there for about 6 months. :wink:

Jawzcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zip code, area code doesn't matter as it's not in the same vicinity. The only reason I know is because I worked there for about 6 months. :wink:

Lol, that is awesome! Must have been a great experience

I am only saying this..when you tell someone on the other side of country, or continent, or world that they are made in Boston, goes over a little better than "they are made in Beverly." lol. Besides the card I have says Boston on it. :grin:

cheers joe.

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member
Lol, that is awesome! Must have been a great experience

I am only saying this..when you tell someone on the other side of country, or continent, or world that they are made in Boston, goes over a little better than "they are made in Beverly." lol. Besides the card I have says Boston on it. :grin:

cheers joe.

It wasn't a bad experience. Not what I expected. Learned a lot in the short time I was there that opened my eyes to the pool industry. What card are you talking about? One that comes with the Reno?

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carbon fiber, foam or what ever we are calling it. I played with my Revo over the weekend and it didn't disappoint. It is just as accurate as ever. Point and shoot is the best I can describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon fiber, foam or what ever we are calling it. I played with my Revo over the weekend and it didn't disappoint. It is just as accurate as ever. Point and shoot is the best I can describe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep it's nice. I wanted to try one because it just seems like the logical evolution in shafts...I had a chance to try one a couple weeks ago and placed my order the next day. Next I would like to see an all carbon cue...butt and shaft.

Bakery Rolls

Registered

Attachments

• diamond wood.jpg
    diamond wood.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 617