Brunswick Centennial Balls...Help needed !!

hokietiger

Hi gang,

I have an older set of Brunswick Centennial Balls. I need help..

1. The Box CODE NO. is stamped on the box. What does the code signify ??

2. When did Brunswick stop using "circled" notches on the inside of the black ring ??..Current versions have a "v" shaped notch .

3. I need a replacement 3, 8, 14, 6, and Cue ball. I realize eBay but wondering if other outlets are available ??

..... PICTURES INCLUDED.....
IMG_20240413_153940154.jpg
IMG_20240413_155253178.jpg
IMG_20240413_155147696.jpg

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi gang,

I have an older set of Brunswick Centennial Balls. I need help..

1. The Box CODE NO. is stamped on the box. What does the code signify ??

2. When did Brunswick stop using "circled" notches on the inside of the black ring ??..Current versions have a "v" shaped notch .

3. I need a replacement 3, 8, 14, 6, and Cue ball. I realize eBay but wondering if other outlets are available ??

..... PICTURES INCLUDED.....View attachment 753501View attachment 753502View attachment 753503
That is an older set. I have a 25+ year old set with the same box but mine have the > < notches by the numbers unlike yours.

Cuestix sells replacement individual Centennial balls, but the notches won’t match the balls in your old set, not to mention the contrast between the new replacement balls and your old balls would look strange, in my opinion.

With that many missing balls, if you really like them I’d suggest just ordering a new set at roughly $425-$450, as replacement balls will likely end up costing you close to $50 per ball. PM me if you want to order any as Cuestix only sells to wholesalers / dealers.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a WAG but these might be Hyatt-made Centennials. Aramith got the contract to make them in '81.
This, but I thought it was closer to the late 80's when Brunswick switched manufacturers. AFAIK, the Hyatt made Centennials have the rounded darts and the straight underscore on the 6B and the 9B. Saluc (Aramith) made Centennials have sharper darts and curved underscore on the 6B and 9B.

I'm not sure what the codes mean on the Hyatt boxes. My best bet is a model number. I doubt it is any kind of date code. The Saluc boxes have an round orange sticker and "Made in Belgium" stamped on the box. It's also worth noting the Hyatt boxes include an egg crate insert original fitted with tissue paper to cradle the balls where the Saluc boxes include a thin plastic tray.

Here's my Hyatt Centennial Set circa 1970's
53652990026_f00cfb0ef7_h.jpg

53652152057_69ff25e561_b.jpg

53652990006_37b1d07f60_h.jpg

Here's one of my Saluc Centennial Sets circa 1980's
53653246208_85286181d2_h.jpg

53653371609_f7fe9137da_b.jpg

53653027566_09c48e5c28_h.jpg

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless this set is very sentimental to you, you'd be better off buying a complete replacement set, then trying to find 5 missing balls.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless this set is very sentimental to you, you'd be better off buying a complete replacement set, then trying to find 5 missing balls.
Agreed. There are some collectors out there that can probably facilitate the request but the individual cost may be high.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. There are some collectors out there that can probably facilitate the request but the individual cost may be high.
What do you think your complete set is worth? I’m not sure if they are in demand and would sell for more than brand new centennials, or very few people want them and they’d sell for less.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you think your complete set is worth? I’m not sure if they are in demand and would sell for more than brand new centennials, or very few people want them and they’d sell for less.
I'd say my vintage set would sell for $250-$300 to a collector. They are in fine condition with no nicks or scratches, they rack tight and have a nice patina. Finding loose Hyatt Centennials from anyone but a collector will be like finding a needle in a haystack. Your average Joe Pool Player could care less about vintage balls but collectors place value on them. I'd be surprised if loose Hyatt Centennial balls in good condition sold for less than $20-$25 each from a collector.

hokietiger

I'd say my vintage set would sell for $250-$300 to a collector. They are in fine condition with no nicks or scratches, they rack tight and have a nice patina. Finding loose Hyatt Centennials from anyone but a collector will be like finding a needle in a haystack. Your average Joe Pool Player could care less about vintage balls but collectors place value on them. I'd be surprised if loose Hyatt Centennial balls in good condition sold for less than $20-$25 each from a collector.
Are you willing to sell/trade for your set of older HYATT Centennials??

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
most high end sets dont have balls missing as people didnt put those on car stick shifts and other things.

so hard to find and too expensive and might end up with mismatched balls anyway, new set of whatever is in your future.

i have 2 sets of older ones dont know which as i havent looked in awhile. but i like the cyclops traditional balls and dynasphere bronze which is the same.

likely wont ever sell any of my sets as for a few hundred or less bucks it isnt worth the trouble.