Brunswick empire

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend that has an empire table for sale as he is relocating to another state.the table has been in his family for 30 + years and before that was in a private club.The table is disassembled and the price is negotiable.I would like to know what you experts think it's value might be.
thanks

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The empire is a mid to low grade table.
Right out of the box brand new condition might be worth 7k to the right person.
But, realistically, that would never happen without a full restoration, which would cost you dam near that much.

Assuming that the table is at least intact, with no missing or broken pieces, and can be played on with no repairs, I would expect it to sell between 2 and 4k, all depending on the tables condition and originality.

For example, is it the newer model that has rail blinds or the older one with exposed rail bolts...are the pockets, bolts, caps and nameplate original...things like that will make a difference..

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ouch.

The eclipse, if it is an eclipse, is a different story. Because there is a huge difference between the price of an old eclipse and the 'newer' eclipse. Plus, the newer eclipse models are a little sparse, so it might not even be that model. Meaning, its a really hard question to answer at all, and much harder without some good photos.

It's like asking how much a car is worth, without ever having laid eyes on it.

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the fellow

who owns the table says it has four piece slate?If that helps with the identity.He also says it measures 46 x 92.isn't that rare..good or probably
bad design,with a seam at the side pockets??
Thanks again

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does it have a big square leg with a little bit of ornate trim around the leg?
Or a somewhat thin leg with a few curves thinning down where it touches the ground.

One photo!

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does it have a big square leg with a little bit of ornate trim around the leg?
Or a somewhat thin leg with a few curves thinning down where it touches the ground.

One photo!

It has the big square legs,unlike the picture on Brunswicks antiques on there site.It also has the matching cue rack.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
It has the big square legs,unlike the picture on Brunswicks antiques on there site.It also has the matching cue rack.

Yeah, as you probably noticed on the Brunswick website, the eclipse they have shown dates back to the late 1800s. That model is worth a pretty penny.

But then Brunswick changed up the design a few times, and then quit making a model called the eclipse altogether. Then they re-introduced a totally different model (like the one your friend has) and called it 'the eclipse ' also, but it was never a big seller, so they discontinued making it as well.

So, your friends Eclipse is the 'newer' version, although it is still very much an antique.
It's a tiny bit on the rare side, not because its exceptionally awesome, but simply because not that many of them were sold.

As for the value, its about the same as the table I mentioned in the previous post.
It's a midgrade table, and the better condition its in (and how original it is) will determine which end of the spectrum it will sell for...

I'm a bit curious about the 4 pc slate. Not sure that its original to that table. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.

oldroller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, as you probably noticed on the Brunswick website, the eclipse they have shown dates back to the late 1800s. That model is worth a pretty penny.

But then Brunswick changed up the design a few times, and then quit making a model called the eclipse altogether. Then they re-introduced a totally different model (like the one your friend has) and called it 'the eclipse ' also, but it was never a big seller, so they discontinued making it as well.

So, your friends Eclipse is the 'newer' version, although it is still very much an antique.
It's a tiny bit on the rare side, not because its exceptionally awesome, but simply because not that many of them were sold.

As for the value, its about the same as the table I mentioned in the previous post.
It's a midgrade table, and the better condition its in (and how original it is) will determine which end of the spectrum it will sell for...

I'm a bit curious about the 4 pc slate. Not sure that its original to that table. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out.
I have some pictures now,I 'll try to send them to your Email add if you want.The owner says it's xtra nice & knowing him I can believe it.He replaced pockets from Muellers & still has the old ones.I might go take a look at it if I could get $2500 -$3000 for it.I'm trying to sell a Gold Crown of mine,trying to buy a new Diamond.
Thanks for your help