Brunswick gibson

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If you have a choice between a Gold Crown and a Gibson.... If you indeed want a players table i suggest you go with the gold crown, The Gibson looks great but is really built for the alooks and fooling your eyes into believing it's a close relative to the anniversary.

I'm not saying it's a junk table but it might have you fooled in a way.
I'll post a pic of the gibson frame, you go and do your homework on the GoldCrown frame.
You can do or have some gussets and supports added here and there.

Gibson below
Notice where the slate attaches~> those little blocks of wood sicking out of the sides that are screwed in place with two #14 screws.

Rob.M

I just finished setting one up Christmas day for a customer in Oregon. The frame sagged under the weight of the slates, by the time I finally leveled it out the only place the slate was sitting on the frame was at both ends, no where in the middle except on shims. No way to level the frame to the floor except by using shims under the pedestals, so I designed in my own style of leg levelers which can't be seen and no one would know they were even there because of sitting on carpet. Matching up the corners is a challenge because there's no way of knowing which corner fits which rails, so it's going to take some trial and error to get them to fit Iike they belong there.....that's just my .02

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just because a pool table LOOKS good to the eyes, that don't make it built structurally sound. The leg pedestals unlike an anniversary or centennial are to far apart on this table as to offer any kind of counter ballance weight of the slates to overhang the pedestals, instead all the weight of the slates are being supported bt the 2 frame rails that are on 2"×6" hardwood. If they were made out of 4"×6" fir they'd still be stronger than the choice the Brunswick engineers made in the design of it.

Kjs1948

Registered
I'm looking to purchase 2 refurbished for a poolroom at a retirement community, and the room is is all oak paneling and the interior decorators here are opposed to the polished corners, so I'm trying to accommodate them so as not to lose the anniversaries to home tables. I'm also looking into hydro painting with walnut grain.. to match all the solid walnut rails!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm looking to purchase 2 refurbished for a poolroom at a retirement community, and the room is is all oak paneling and the interior decorators here are opposed to the polished corners, so I'm trying to accommodate them so as not to lose the anniversaries to home tables. I'm also looking into hydro painting with walnut grain.. to match all the solid walnut rails!

Whhat polished corners are you talking about?

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member

You could also get the corners powder coated a color that would fit the room. I'd do about anything to have an Anniversary table. Good luck.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Are you looking for 2 Gibsons, or Anniversary tables?

Kjs1948

Registered
I don't know for sure but they are two completely different tables. The Gibson was just designed in the Anniversary style.

Are you going to do an Anniversary project?

I currently have one.
0f2f28267576fea62aec0902d4f6ef23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk