Brunswick Manhattan Pool Table

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any experience playing on a Brunswick Manhattan pool table? If so, I would appreciate your thoughts. Couldn't really find anything when I did a search. I realize this table may not be as good as a Gold Crown or Diamond, but I might be able to get one at a very good price. They seemed pretty high priced new.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Randy

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
always with tables unless you need a furniture piece buy an older one of the best if you are a serious shooter.

at least one of any brand of true commercial tables.

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
always with tables unless you need a furniture piece buy an older one of the best if you are a serious shooter.

at least one of any brand of true commercial tables.
Thanks for the reply. I will keep looking for a commercial table, as I am a serious player. At least want to be.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have any experience playing on a Brunswick Manhattan pool table? If so, I would appreciate your thoughts. Couldn't really find anything when I did a search. I realize this table may not be as good as a Gold Crown or Diamond, but I might be able to get one at a very good price. They seemed pretty high priced new.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Randy

That table is made pretty much 100% for looks. It's not even as good as a Gold Crown knock off.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I bought a "Home" Brunswick table new in 2019, a Black Wolf. It was not cheap, but in no way was it comparable to a used Gold Crown. Cushions, rails, ball return, all were sub standard.
We sold the house 14 months later and left the pool table for the new owner. Get a used GC or Diamond and pay whatever is needed to bring it up to new condition.

-dj

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply. I will keep looking for a commercial table, as I am a serious player. At least want to be.
these home tables can be made to be pretty playable by tightening the pockets, good cloth and cushions(if needed). i've played on a couple generic asian gameroom tables that played pretty nice after a little 'tune up'.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok from all the answers I gather it has to be the modern Brunswick Manhattan the OP is asking about. The old turn of the century T-rail Manhattans kick ass, especially when you get someone like Mark Gregory to work his magic. Anyway, yeah the new Manhattan would not be my preference for a serious playing table.