Brunswick Pockets

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I am trying to buy a Brunswick table. I hate ball returns but I will buy a table with one because the market in my area is slim. However, I need to know . . . What is involved in converting a Brunswick table from a ball return to a drop pocket? Anyone have any experience with such? Result? Difficulty? Expense?

midnightmark

Registered
I'm not table mechanic but I would imagine CONVERTING a table involves way too much work and $.
Personally, I prefer a Ball Return Table, they are wonderful.
But if you are "SET" on Drop pocket, JUST WAIT. ( I think many of the older Gold Crowns have drop pockets.) Be patient, I'm sure the perfect table will "turn up" for you.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it’s a Gold Crown just remove the ball return pockets and replace them with drop pockets. (Then send me the ball return setup 😀)

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am trying to buy a Brunswick table. I hate ball returns but I will buy a table with one because the market in my area is slim. However, I need to know . . . What is involved in converting a Brunswick table from a ball return to a drop pocket? Anyone have any experience with such? Result? Difficulty? Expense?
It sometimes depends on the model. Most generally, it simply requires swapping out the pockets and removing the return system.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a matter of buying drop pockets for it and not installing the ball return tray, gullies and pockets when you put the table back together after transport.