Brunswick purchases Kentucky company, moves all operations to Mexico..

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several of the responders, have already discovered one of the main problems, unknowingly.
That is , it never matters until it happens to you! They couldn't even imagine that it was them who was out of a job, and that guy in Mexico or Afghanistan or India, was able to feed his family {at least for a short while} as their family starts their journey into poverty.

No one has mentioned this aspect but I have quite a bit of personal experience with it.
About 30 or 40 years ago the big thing was 401 k plans , where you invest ...sometimes in the company you work at , or Employee stock option programs , that was the one I was in or a couple other options that did not last long and I have little info on.
Anyway the companies who started these programs got extremely low interest rates when the going rate was like 8%, but, they had to pay part of their profits back into a retirement fund.
Well as all great ideas go, the first day after they started the programs , smart guys were finding loop holes and ways to steal the money.
My company sold about 6 times in 3 years and nobody ever moved!!!!! Hellllooooooo!!!!
You could also invest your money in the 401 or Esop and the company would sometimes match to a certain amount , sounds great except for that kicker..... they kept trying to steal the money!!!!!
The bottom line was that no matter how much or who put it in , you were only guaranteed by the government to get 4% back.
Finally the gubmint stopped a couple of large corporations from actually getting the money at the last minute and made some federal regulations after the fact.
They calmed down for a while but now you are seeing phase 2 .
If they sell the company to a foreign owner , the company is no longer under our US rules , what happens then?

Last edited: