Burl

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
It was horse in the blind until you got around to posting pics.
Wasn't it?
Be a dick if you like, that's generally a personal choice anyway.

KJ

jaydog468

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screw it! I will just keep all the wood for myself. It's more then I will ever need but I'm not going to deal with the BS.

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screw it! I will just keep all the wood for myself. It's more then I will ever need but I'm not going to deal with the BS.

KJ, I just don't know what to say.
Jaydog, a regular on the forum and by all accounts a good guy, comes on here offering to share something rare he found with us all... and you knock everyone for their interest? And you knock the seller for even offering it? And you offend the seller at a level that causes them to retract their generosity?
Why? What purpose did that serve for you? I'd like to know.

You have everyone's respect for your cue repair skills, so why the sarcasm about someone else's generosity?

Sorry, I think an apology is due. That was miles out of line.
No one likes a knocker.

Robin Snyder

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is amazing. There's actually a waiting list to buy a horse in the blind.

And now there is a waiting list to tell you "Thanks". Since I did not follow the thread after posting and now the OP has deleted all but the last post I do not know what his response was to your first intrusive posting. I also do not know the tenor in which your remarks were made but everyone here is an adult and can make choices for themselves. Seems to me the OP was doing the correct thing in making a list, as first come first served seems to be the polite thing to do. Once pictures were supplied there was no obligation to buy...just an opportunity that is, it seems, gone. Thanks.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
KJ, I just don't know what to say.
Jaydog, a regular on the forum and by all accounts a good guy, comes on here offering to share something rare he found with us all... and you knock everyone for their interest? And you knock the seller for even offering it? And you offend the seller at a level that causes them to retract their generosity?
Why? What purpose did that serve for you? I'd like to know.

You have everyone's respect for your cue repair skills, so why the sarcasm about someone else's generosity?

Sorry, I think an apology is due. That was miles out of line.
No one likes a knocker.

Robin Snyder

I know things get a little slow around here this time of year but let's not go making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
To be clear, I wasn't knocking anyone though you seem to think I was. Let's blame that on perception.
I expressed amazement that everyone up to that point was willing to jump on board to buy something they hadn't even seen yet.
That still strikes me as amazing.

Generally, when you offer something for sale you show a pic so the buyer has at least an idea of what they're buying.
Without the pic, you're buying a 'horse in the blind'. Was that terminology confusing to anyone??
Your own analogy was: "Like pigs at the trough". So now I get to be the bad-guy here. OK, I'll be your huckleberry.
Knocking people??? Where the hell did you get that??? I wasn't knocking anyone, I was expressing amazement.
Surely, an intelligent man such as yourself would know the difference.
At least I didn't refer to them as pigs.

In what way did I offend the seller? Obviously, the seller took offense because he wanted to.
I, like everyone else was asking for pics. 12-1/2 hrs latter he decides to post some.
Go over to the F/S section where they have a nifty little banner that says: "This thread is useless without pics".
I said the same thing except in my own charming style. My literary license doesn't expire.

"And you offend the seller at a level that causes them to retract their generosity?"
I see that your literary license is still very much valid as well.
His retraction was at best childish. "I'm taking my ball and going home".
And you want an apology for this??? Get real.

KJ

jaydog468

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know things get a little slow around here this time of year but let's not go making a mountain out of a mole-hill.
To be clear, I wasn't knocking anyone though you seem to think I was. Let's blame that on perception.
I expressed amazement that everyone up to that point was willing to jump on board to buy something they hadn't even seen yet.
That still strikes me as amazing.

Generally, when you offer something for sale you show a pic so the buyer has at least an idea of what they're buying.
Without the pic, you're buying a 'horse in the blind'. Was that terminology confusing to anyone??
Your own analogy was: "Like pigs at the trough". So now I get to be the bad-guy here. OK, I'll be your huckleberry.
Knocking people??? Where the hell did you get that??? I wasn't knocking anyone, I was expressing amazement.

Surely, an intelligent man such as yourself would know the difference.
At least I didn't refer to them as pigs.

In what way did I offend the seller? Obviously, the seller took offense because he wanted to.
I, like everyone else was asking for pics. 12-1/2 hrs latter he decides to post some.
Go over to the F/S section where they have a nifty little banner that says: "This thread is useless without pics".
I said the same thing except in my own charming style. My literary license doesn't expire.

"And you offend the seller at a level that causes them to retract their generosity?"
I see that your literary license is still very much valid as well.
His retraction was at best childish. "I'm taking my ball and going home".
And you want an apology for this??? Get real.

KJ

KJ the pic I posted was not the wood I was going to get. The owner pulled some wood for cues and set it to the side. there was going to be some left over.He is out of town until wed. I just happen to walk in the door before he had time to call me. I wanted the buyers to see what they would be getting not just a big slab of wood. I was not doing to make money but to give back to some of the cue makers on az. My mistake and I apologize. This is my last post to this thread. I have paying customers who want their cues.

Jay Harper