Byrne's Complete Book of Pool Shots

kingwang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Byrne's Complete Book of Pool Shots: 350 Moves Every Player Should Know

I walked into Borders today with the intention of finding some GMAT review books but of course my mind is on other things. ;) I go find some pool books (which are IMO unfairly placed in the Gambling section) and I find this book. I scan through it and start reading. Man this book has some interesting stuff! Interesting enough to get a poor college student to buy it anyways.

This book indeed has 350 different shots split up into various categories and many of them are very interesting, with little time spent on basic shots. A lot of safety paths, situational shots, safety escapes, etc. Remember how you felt when you first learned that you could make the ball go backwards with draw? Well thats how I felt when reading this book, except 100 times over. (100/350 is pretty high for any good player) Basically, I just found this book to be a great reference thats is definitely worth its money.

Anybody else read this book before?
 
I got it for Christmas this past year, and I must say I'm a big fan, especially on his shots that discuss kissing and its effects on cueball and object ball path.
 
I agree, a very good book.

I would recommend any of Byrne's books - not only is he knowledgeable (as a number of pool authors are) but he writes very well (less common).
 
Had it since it came out five years ago. Should be in every serious player's library.
 
kingwang said:
Byrne's Complete Book of Pool Shots: 350 Moves Every Player Should Know
Anybody else read this book before?

What took you so long? :)
 
Jack Montgomery said:
I got it for Christmas this past year, and I must say I'm a big fan, especially on his shots that discuss kissing and its effects on cueball and object ball path.

Me too along with a couple of Capelle books. This Byrne book is facinating, eye opening, thought provoking and humbling all at the same time. I will spend yrs mastering it.

B
 
Funny Quote by the Cashier:

I go to pay for the GMAT book (GMAT is for business school) and the pool book. She pauses for a second and then quips, "Well, if one thing doesn't work out, try another, right?"
 
Back
Top