Calling American Cue Makers

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
Is there any American cue makers willing to make a basic snooker cue? Feel free to PM me.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If no luck, there is a Cue maker straight North of you, in Vancouver, Kevin Deroo, that would probably be happy to help you out.

http://www.deroocues.com/mainframeset.htm

I have seen first hand, one of his pool and snooker cues. Exceptional craftsmanship.

He now builds a new type of extension that screws into the butt of your cue. Looks very solid.

Last edited:

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
If no luck, there is a Cue maker straight North of you, in Vancouver, Kevin Deroo, that would probably be happy to help you out.

http://www.deroocues.com/mainframeset.htm

I have seen first hand, one of his pool and snooker cues. Exceptional craftsmanship.

He now builds a new type of extension that screws into the butt of your cue. Looks very solid.

Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely have to check out his work.

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
I will also throw a +1 for Deroo. He is incredibly busy building snooker cues for Chinese customers, but having seen and hit with his cues first hand, they are really nice.

Also, the extension spoken of earlier is just unbelievable!!! Adds about 0.2 oz to the weight of the cue, one turn un-lock/lock and extends out a solid 6" or so. has no flex to it and plays the same as a screw in extension, but without the mental break to grab extra gear or leave the table.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I will also throw a +1 for Deroo. He is incredibly busy building snooker cues for Chinese customers, but having seen and hit with his cues first hand, they are really nice.

Also, the extension spoken of earlier is just unbelievable!!! Adds about 0.2 oz to the weight of the cue, one turn un-lock/lock and extends out a solid 6" or so. has no flex to it and plays the same as a screw in extension, but without the mental break to grab extra gear or leave the table.

His cues look absolutely stunning and would love to own one. I just sent him a email with a couple price quote requests. It might just be a tad more than I would like to spend currently but I might just have to get one. I'm looking for something that will last a lifetime.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Just as a matter of interest, which snooker cue would you prefer. A 3/4 or a regular half and half 2 piece.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
Just as a matter of interest, which snooker cue would you prefer. A 3/4 or a regular half and half 2 piece.

I am actually looking for a 1pc cue but other than that I would accept a 3/4 cue. Not a fan of 2 piece snooker cues. I find the joint hits my chin when I play with them. I prefer a 58 length, 9.5-10mm tip, and 18 ounces.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
I guess no American cue makers have the abilities to make a snooker cue to my specs. At least the couple I have talked to don't have the right equipment. DAMN!!!! I really wanted to support a American cue maker.