Can anyone identify this cue?

Dtm1182

Can anybody identify this cue from these limited pictures? It’s described as a possible Huebler, but I suspect that’s just because it’s in a Huebler case.

Attachments

• 0CC19D38-1B8E-4E4D-9804-4228560267F0.jpeg
    0CC19D38-1B8E-4E4D-9804-4228560267F0.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 38CA6048-DE3A-41C4-BA9D-AB9E2BF30320.jpeg
    38CA6048-DE3A-41C4-BA9D-AB9E2BF30320.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 9A1E08C4-AC21-405F-869E-DB04E9A78514.jpeg
    9A1E08C4-AC21-405F-869E-DB04E9A78514.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 219

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw that in my blue book. I think the blue book cue has a metal joint. Is that likely the same cue ordered with a different joint? I think you’re probably right, the orange/brown bumper seems like a Huebler.
It immediately screamed Huebler to me without looking in the book. It could of been ordered that way
and the missing rings could have been eliminated by a repair made to add more wrap area. You probably
will never know. I say 100% Huebler.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sure looks like a Huebler! Does it have the nylon insert in the shaft? It does look a little lopsided without the other set of rings.
I’ve seen most of those with the plastic joint, not sure I’ve seen one with the metal joint as in the blue book.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It immediately screamed Huebler to me without looking in the book. It could of been ordered that way
and the missing rings could have been eliminated by a repair made to add more wrap area. You probably
will never know. I say 100% Huebler.
Agreed. Totally the Huebler H4. They could be had with Implex or SS joints and this one I think has had some work done. Seems like a re-wrap and looks like it was finished over ala Meucci.

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a Huebler but not the H4, it is an H7 in my catalog. I had an H4 for several years wish I hadn't sold it! It is from the Renaissance Cues catalog from around the early 80's. I still have that catalog. I still have an H11 as well.
The AS-H4 is a later model and catalog number from later 80s, early 90s.
The vertical logo on the earlier Huebler cues will wear off easier than the horizontal logos on the later models. If you look really closely, you may see some remnants of the vertical logo. I have seen several Huebler cues with that white "plastic" (?) joint through the years that have split and fractured. My H4 had a stainless joint. I have not seen the black joints with fractures.

It also looks like it has a brass pin like my old H11 has.

Last edited:

hurricane145

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s up for auction (not eBay). What’s it worth? Anyone interested in it? Not my cup of tea.
It's worth will be what the final bid is, then again, maybe not!! Not great pictures and no description was provided here so...meh.
Figure at least a re-fin and re-wrap for about $200 plus shipping if it can't be done locally.
Who knows what kind of shape it is actually in? If someone wants to be a collector, they are better off with just a couple really good condition cues than a handful of beat up ones.