Can anyone repair this??

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I glued the chip back into place. The first photo is after glueing the chip back in. The second photo is after I cleaned it up with some 2000 grit paper, and the 3rd photo is the finished product. It doesn't look too bad but I would rather it disappear. Now I am thinking of dabbing a very small amount of clear epoxy around the edge of the chip to fill in the depression. Any thoughts???

Attachments

• IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 50

DeeDeeCues

Well, I glued the chip back into place. The first photo is after glueing the chip back in. The second photo is after I cleaned it up with some 2000 grit paper, and the 3rd photo is the finished product. It doesn't look too bad but I would rather it disappear. Now I am thinking of dabbing a very small amount of clear epoxy around the edge of the chip to fill in the depression. Any thoughts???

Use medium super glue.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Put a drop of black dye in your epoxy, just a small build up, then spin it and take it down, buff it out. Brian.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would suggest black CA. You can apply it much thinner than you can epoxy - well, at least I can.
Gary

Pool Hand Luke

I've taken a new black sharpie and tapped the tip all around the edge to blend it in. You might want to try that before the clear epoxy.

yankee817299

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Put a drop of black dye in your epoxy, just a small build up, then spin it and take it down, buff it out. Brian.
Can you give me some tips on how to buff this. I don't have a lathe, but I do have a dremel with some hard cloth buffing pads. I think that I can get fairly precise with this. Would I use any type of compound??