can someone build me a cue with no shafts.

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it seems no one else tells others about ur cues as well, if you didnt need my money than dont respond. I never asked, care, gave a fug or wanted opinions. now im on a position I never wanted to be in, I never had a problem with you sensitive little Bs. either you can or can't build me what I want, I'm not picky, just need it to be straight and not fall apart, no I dont need ivory inlays, it has zero effect on a cue. you obviously can't read or understand a sentence without a picture next to it, thats your problem. and yes, go ahead and post the whole thing, im sure there's plenty here who can read a full sentence without tripping over themselves. I do have the high ground, I asked a simple request and you respond with "go to walmart". thats where I have the high ground, you can't respond with a simple "sorry can't help you" you have to have a condescending remark. good luck with your business, i'm sure you'll be a pool household name soon with such a wonderful personality you got there. insult someone and than post their replies. pathetic.

Sensitive little Bs? lol. Nice.

Yes, told you to go to Walmart, also said you should have put "cheap" in your OP if that is what you wanted. Then you come up with a magical $500.00 you want to spend. This is cheap? Many on here make full cues for that price let alone one without a shaft but you continued with remarks about over priced collector cues.

"
trinacria said:
bdcues said:
trinacria said:
bdcues said:
Can make you a butt to fit.
Besides the specs you gave.... wrap? type of woods? real ivory for the Hoppe look?
Bob

you can pick the woods, I want it done cheap, wrap as well, not picky. whats the cheapest you can do??

Cheap? You should have put that in the OP. Not interested. Go to Walmart and find something cheap.

lol, real professional reply there. I was looking to spend around $500, for a cue with no shafts thats a fair price I would think. but since ive never heard of you or your cues, I don't think I'll miss the opportunity of owning your cue. But as I've found a builder who professionally replies and was willing to understand my request, you can go **** yourself in the ass with the broomsticks you build and call them cues. ty, and have a nice day.

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, and you leave me a negative rep just so you can call me names again. Too funny. I refrained from giving you one when you posted the up your ass comment... and will refrain again. Best of luck.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never questioned your right to ask for a butt to be mated to your existing shafts. That happens all the time, no big deal. In the process you said something about cuemaking that is grossly inaccurate. Why say what you did if it wasn't some sort of justification to convince a cuemaker to accept the job? It was a pointless statement otherwise. You admit you aren't a cuemaker, but yet you seem to want to argue about why you said it.

I"m glad you found what you were looking for.

Let's try some bullet points.

1. The woods used in butts are turned many times over a significant period of time as well. Maybe not quite as much as shafts for many cuemakers, but most will not put a piece of wood into a butt quickly after they receive it.

2. For a traditional 3 piece butt, there is 4 times the ringwork in a butt than in a shaft. That is four times the work, cost, and time.

3. Many butt components are cored. No coring going on with the shaft. More time, materials, and money for the butt that isn't involved with shafts.

4. A butt gets a joint pin installation, and a shaft gets an insert or threads cut. Events out, though I know which is easier/cheaper for me.

5. A shaft gets a ferrule and tip, a butt gets a butt cap, bumper, and maybe a bore and thread for a weight bolt. Maybe that evens out.

6. Both a shaft and a butt gets final sanded, but the shaft is easier and quicker.

7. Three to 5 inches of a shaft gets a finish. The entire butt either gets finished, or gets finished and a wrap installed. HUGE work/time difference there.

8. The shaft has one component to deal with...the shaft. A 3 piece butt has...well...3. A forearm, handle, and sleeve. The forearm and handle needs to be joined together via the A-joint...more machining. The sleeve needs to be machined and assembled. Don't forget either or both forearm and handle might be cored. Heck, if the butt is full length cored, it nearly has the equivalent a shaft blank that was slowly turned inside of it.

9. Any serious issue with a shaft, the cuemaker selects another shaft from his stable. Any serious issue with the butt, cuemaker is going to potentially lose a lot of time and maybe money. I have never had to start a cue over because of a shaft.

I'm sure there are other basic things I'm forgetting...

Bro your cues look outstanding!!!! I want you to build my next cue. I just gotta get some cash to pay for it now

pampi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob, i think you really got her mad when you said " go buy your cue at walmart " maybe because they don't have walmart in their area....her jump/break cue is made in china, and case made in china...and her playing cue is nothing at the moment???? maybe if the butt is made in china im sure its a lot cheaper.... i am not sure ... which is cheaper walmart or butt made in china..... i have a local cuemaker making me a butt only .... 300 dollars...

i8ap4t

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob, i think you really got her mad when you said " go buy your cue at walmart " maybe because they don't have walmart in their area....her jump/break cue is made in china, and case made in china...and her playing cue is nothing at the moment???? maybe if the butt is made in china im sure its a lot cheaper.... i am not sure ... which is cheaper walmart or butt made in china..... i have a local cuemaker making me a butt only .... 300 dollars...

What is with the hatred of Chinese made products?

Not targeting you in particular. just seen it a lot on this website, and in the pool community.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member

A trinacria is a symbol, just because it ends in an A it doesn't make me a woman you fuctard. your name is pampi, am I to assume your a gay??? and I like how you licking his ass right now, its a perfect fit.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
full splice bumperless, thank you jim, you're professionalism and communication is exemplary. No thrills, no frills, great price. was that so damn hard????

Attachments

• jim baxter cue 2.jpg
    jim baxter cue 2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 123