Canadian Snooker Championship live online

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Is there a list of players who qualified for this somewhere on the net? It seems they have both snooker and 9-ball going to be shown. I would very much like to see who qualified from the various provinces and perhaps even the brackets.

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Celtic said:
Is there a list of players who qualified for this somewhere on the net? It seems they have both snooker and 9-ball going to be shown. I would very much like to see who qualified from the various provinces and perhaps even the brackets.

I searched the net for a list of players and didn't have any luck, I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything. I imagine Edwin will be there for us and Pagulayan automatically qualifys being defending champion.

loco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think edwin played in the provincials, Rob Phillips took top spot at the provs this year not sure who else was there I missed it my self, heard it was a small field though

Thierry Layani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as I know anyone can play in the Canadian Championship. Last year and the previous years there were many local players entering the tournament. If you have 500$ to spare that is. I live nearby so I will be going to watch and display my cues from thursday to sunday. The results will be posted on azb.
I can't tell you about the snooker tournaments... I sort of lost interest, it's becoming too boring to watch. Even alain Robidoux, who will probably win again, has lost his miraculous touch. Watching matches that go over 3 hours (and sometimes 6!!!) is just too much for my pool patience.

Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Thierry Layani said:
As far as I know anyone can play in the Canadian Championship. Last year and the previous years there were many local players entering the tournament. If you have 500$ to spare that is. I live nearby so I will be going to watch and display my cues from thursday to sunday. The results will be posted on azb.
I can't tell you about the snooker tournaments... I sort of lost interest, it's becoming too boring to watch. Even alain Robidoux, who will probably win again, has lost his miraculous touch. Watching matches that go over 3 hours (and sometimes 6!!!) is just too much for my pool patience.

Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com

I was watching the Finstad/White match and it seems Finstad can still shoot pretty good. He seemed to be taking White pretty casually until White ran a 99 on him and then woke up Finstad who did not miss much. I was really wondering if Mike Abou was at the snooker championships this year, or is Alex was gonna be playing or if he stayed in Hawaii

pooljunkie73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update--Canadian Snooker Championships 2004

We are down to the final 8:

Alain Robidoux vs. Floyd Ziegler
Jim Bear vs. Brady Gollen
Claude Bernatchez vs. Tom Finstad
Kirk Stevens vs. Cliff Thorburn

Five former professional players and one former World Champ. Should be some good matches. I will try to get a list for the 9 ball.

Kent Mc.

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pooljunkie73 said:
If anyone is interested, they are showing the Canadian Snooker Championships live online. Just go to http://www.leskratch.com/ and click on the link.

Kent Mc.
I am in St Johns till saturday,wondered if there are any tournaments or where is the place most players hang out. thanks

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gotta go for Thorburn in the snooker although Robidoux is the obvious favorite.

pooljunkie73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
almer said:
I am in St Johns till saturday,wondered if there are any tournaments or where is the place most players hang out. thanks

If you are talking about Saint John, on Friday night there is a 8 ball tournament at JK's Corner Pocket. Nine foot tables, pretty good shape.