Carbon fiber shafts

Hey everyone I was just wondering which carbon fiber shaft is the lightest on the market? I have a joss playing cue the butt is 15oz and I normally shoot with a 18oz cue or lighter

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2.5 oz seems an outlier. I weighed seven cf shafts, and OB Raven came in at 3.2 with a gen 1 Meucci Carbon Pro at 3.4. Most about 3.75 with Becue fat at 4.5.

OB Raven is in Wanted Forum as a trade.

Good luck

MajorMiscue

Democat
Gold Member
Don't forget you can change the butt weight with removable weights. You can also change the balance point to some degree. Check with the shaft makers and you may be able to specify the desired shaft weight.

I bought a CF shaft from these guys I found on the board:

$262 total and I specified tip diameter (12.4mm) shaft weight (4.0oz matched the maple shaft that came with the cue. I like the balance point.)
They also made the joint custom to match my piloted butt and threw in a Kamui blk/clr tip.
Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Don't forget you can change the butt weight with removable weights. You can also change the balance point to some degree. Check with the shaft makers and you may be able to specify the desired shaft weight.

$262 total and I specified tip diameter (12.4mm) shaft weight (4.0oz matched the maple shaft that came with the cue. I like the balance point.)
They also made the joint custom to match my piloted butt and threw in a Kamui blk/clr tip.
Thanks I never thought of that with shaft balance point hmm

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True I agree with you there it’s like there has to be some weird balance from the shaft and butt to get the right stroke and an accurate shot
wt. and bpt. are really just personal preferences. not going to affect accuracy of the shot that much. that's all about good stance/alignment and a straight stroke. standard joss maple weighs around 3.8oz. going a full oz. lighter in the shaft will make the cue feel quite different.

wt. and bpt. are really just personal preferences. not going to affect accuracy of the shot that much. that's all about good stance/alignment and a straight stroke. standard joss maple weighs around 3.8oz. going a full oz. lighter in the shaft will make the cue feel quite different.
Agree I just like a shaft at 11.75 -12 and the standard joss shaft or even the natural is 12.75 or 13mm but you’re definitely right good stance posture and alignment make for everything in your shot and in pool in general it’s just tons of practice

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A guy that builds shafts for me and my son uses screws in some shafts to increase the weight and to move the balance point further back to the joint on them. Works out pretty well with some cues, makes others feel a bit too heavy.

Many people like a solid heavier shaft if it's a maple one, tends to show the quality of wood, denser older tight grain maple has a more solid firm hit but is of course heavier per length of material, so you have a heavier shaft if done at the same taper and length as one made of a less dense wood piece.

Agree I just like a shaft at 11.75 -12 and the standard joss shaft or even the natural is 12.75 or 13mm but you’re definitely right good stance posture and alignment make for everything in your shot and in pool in general it’s just tons of practice
A guy that builds shafts for me and my son uses screws in some shafts to increase the weight and to move the balance point further back to the joint on them. Works out pretty well with some cues, makes others feel a bit too heavy.

Many people like a solid heavier shaft if it's a maple one, tends to show the quality of wood, denser older tight grain maple has a more solid firm hit but is of course heavier per length of material, so you have a heavier shaft if done at the same taper and length as one made of a less dense wood piece.