Carom Cue Recommendations?

PAIKTOURA

Registered
...and we should never forget that we can have the best cue in the world but the tables aren't in the right conditions .3C is such a technical game and every detail plays its role....That's why is much more difficult then pool.3c is like real life...........

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and we should never forget that we can have the best cue in the world but the tables aren't in the right conditions .3C is such a technical game and every detail plays its role....That's why is much more difficult then pool.3c is like real life...........

You're right and I don't know why I keep:banghead: & :banghead: & :banghead:

Room owners will never get it I'm afraid.

tlian

Registered
Definitely I will have to choose "LAYANI", I have owned more than 30 high end cues (adam's, schuler's, Longoni's, Alcalde's, etc...) and the best cue I have found is "LAYANI", there are some elements in Thierry’s cue that for sure make the difference:

1.- The joint, it will not wear, super resistant and it is not affected due to temperature changes, wooden joint vary the hit substantially due to temp variations. Thanks to the cone joint the hit feels with no vibrations at all, more like a "pure hit".

2.- Inlay work, it is flawless and different from normal carom cues.

3.- The Layani tip, I've played for 10 years with moori's and decided to switch to layani tip it hold chalk much better.

4.- The ferrule, don't know the exact material but it is really resistant has thick walls.

5.- Plus is a handmade cue.

I had the opportunity to play with Fred Caudron in Colombia in June 2008 and by that time he played with a Layani grand slam, currently he plays with the same cues achieving incredible results, that says a lot...

Regards

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mazin's cue

Mazin plays with a Kilby, two of them actually. He sometimes uses Tiger shafts that I have turned for him, but the cue is mine -- the configuration of the cue is specific and unique and is not copied by any production house.

csarda1

3 Cushions Addict
Silver Member
Hi Mr Kilby

I have no doubt he owns and uses your cues.

But AFAIK some others cuemakers claims the same.

And I'm sure Mr Shooni owns several other cues (IE Dieckman).

What I'm trying to say is

1.- Players on that level can play well with any cue.
2.- They have to use what they are paid for to use.

Anyway, if he plays with Kilby, Adam, Dieckman, Predator or Walmart cues, it doesn't have nothing to do with the quality of your cues.

I'm sure he prefers to play with CERTAIN cues, in this case your cues.

Never had one in my hands but they look awesome.

Last edited:

redcordes

Cue construction fundamentals

I don't know cue-building, and this may be minor, but with an all-wood joint, the male portion of the joint is an extension of and part of the shaft--it's all one, solid piece of wood. The female portion is in the butt. It seems better from a simple construction point of view to put the hole in the larger piece; and to increase the size/mass of the smaller, more fragile piece (shaft) for better structural integrity. It also uses the basic principal in woodworking that the best joints are wood against wood and not made by various fasteners and pieces. And, let's face it, it's a purer form of craftsmanship.

Magik Wandzzzzz

Cue Builder Since 1973
Silver Member
Hi Mr Kilby

I have no doubt he owns and uses your cues.

But AFAIK some others cuemakers claims the same.

And I'm sure Mr Shooni owns several other cues (IE Dieckman).

What I'm trying to say is

1.- Players on that level can play well with any cue.
2.- They have to use what they are paid for to use.

Anyway, if he plays with Kilby, Adam, Dieckman, Predator or Walmart cues, it doesn't have nothing to do with the quality of your cues.

I'm sure he prefers to play with CERTAIN cues, in this case your cues.

Never had one in my hands but they look awesome.

I doubt that Ron pays Mazin to play with his cue....I know I never did and he finally replaced his Dieckman with a Kilby. I know I GAVE Mazin every cue I have made for him [except the first one for which he paid, as I recall, $225 way back when, BUT THAT WAS WHEN I COULD STILL BEAT HIM LEFT HANDED] and I am sure that is all Ron did. Now as to the TIGER stuff, Maz better be getting at least $10,000 a year or he cut a bad deal......:eek::(

tinh339

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only play with Dieckman cues, They hit very very nice. I have 4 of them And one more on the way.

PAIKTOURA

Registered
i am ready to buy a Schuler which was the previous cue of Nikos Polychronopoulos.The cue is customised for him.Great look,great play,great investment!I ll be somewhere outwhere training....3c forever!:thumbup:

crazycueman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carom Cue Recommendations

Thank you for all the information. There is a lot of useful information and comments. I am sure that I am not the only one to benefit from this information. There are close to 1000 views of this one thread alone. As a newbie, it sure helps to have the benefit of the access to the expert cue makers (builders) on this forum.

Much appreciated,
Crazycueman

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Crazycueman,

I am fortunate to carry a lot of the cues already mentioned.
Have a look see.
If you have any questions let me know.

crazycueman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for all the replies...

Thanks to all who replied. It has been tremendously helpful!

Crazycueman