Cars / Cues in Avatars, is it yours?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, how many of you own the cue(s) and/or cars you use in your avatar pics? Is there a story you want to share about how you got it/fixed it up?

I won't bother asking about the ones that use sexy girls/guys as avatars, I'm sure if you used a picture of your mate on here half naked it won't say up long and you'll be walking around with a bruise for a while LOL

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Yep, I own my avatar. Had it for quite a while. Longest continuous owner of a Lotus Esprit Worldwide. That and a dollar got me a cup of coffee at McDonald's!!!!

Lyn

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The F 430 Ferrari that I formerly had in my Avatar is mine, but I love my Boston Terrier more! I have owned the Ferrari since 2012 an will try to sell it. The nearest dealer is 2.20 hours away and it simply draws too much attention on the road. Cars always tailgating or close along side with camera phones. I am over it, off my bucket list.

On the other hand, my Boston, Ike and my French, Ollie are my buddies!

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 648
  • P1060155.jpg
    P1060155.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Avitar

My avatar isn't my break but I took the photo. The breaker was my friend Rod Jeffries from here in New Mexico. He made the 8 on the break in the left corner pocket and I happen to snap the photo right as the cue ball struck the rack so you can see the cue at the 8. Thought it was neat so I cropped it and have used it ever since.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Just call me Mustang Sal...yep, that's my '09 Mustang Bullitt in my avatar, about to enter the crookedest road in Oregon.

Before the Bullitt I had a 1972 911S Porsche for over 30 years...but when it became a sought after collectable, it became less enjoyable. Passed it's care on to a friend in Istanbul, keeping it out of the hands of the folks I consider "strippers, flippers, and pimps"...not enthusiasts, these people just buy the cars for ego reasons. It had 56,ooo miles on it when it left here, still sporting original paint. Quite possibly the best non restored example on the planet. I'm now done with cars for the most part...just want something to drive, so I bought a Ford.

Attachments

• scottridepic2.jpg
    scottridepic2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 613

d_day

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But seriously, I quit posting pictures of my cue a few years ago. I designed mine and had it built. It's unique, and I'd like to keep it that way.

As for my avatar, maybe some day I'll get around to having one.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The F 430 Ferrari that I formerly had in my Avatar is mine, but I love my Boston Terrier more! I have owned the Ferrari since 2012 an will try to sell it. The nearest dealer is 2.20 hours away and it simply draws too much attention on the road. Cars always tailgating or close along side with camera phones. I am over it, off my bucket list.

On the other hand, my Boston, Ike and my French, Ollie are muy buddies!

I guess if I'm ever in Fla and need to borrow a $50, I know a guy that can spare it :)

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member

On the other hand, my Boston, Ike and my French, Ollie are muy buddies!

Truth! When it comes to cars, be careful what you wish for. Another downside is the frustration of driving a fast car on a jammed up freeway, going no faster than the Toyota and Honda going side by side in front of you. These days, a good stereo, air, and easy to drive are possibly more important than performance. It's maddening to be able to use only a small portion of what a car is capable of....according to my friend with a GT2 Porsche.

I'm pretty content with my Mustang...a modest 315 horsepower, it's a car that does nothing in a spectacular manner, yet does all things well with comfort. Plus, it can be serviced in any town large enough to have a mayor.

Last edited:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Truth! When it comes to cars, be careful what you wish for. Another downside is the frustration of driving a fast car on a jammed up freeway, going no faster than the Toyota and Honda going side by side in front of you. These days, a good stereo, air, and easy to drive are possibly more important than performance. It's maddening to be able to use only a small portion of what a car is capable of....according to my friend with a GT2 Porsche.

I'm pretty content with my Mustang...a modest 315 horsepower, it's a car that does nothing in a spectacular manner, yet does all things well with comfort. Plus, it can be serviced in any town large enough to have a mayor.

You friend is right! I generally do not go fast. However, others trying o get close are nerve racking. It has been fun, not regrets, but time to move on. You Porsche is/was magnificent.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

That's why I went with a 911 cabriolet - daily driver and extremely reliable

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
You friend is right! I generally do not go fast. However, others trying o get close are nerve racking. It has been fun, not regrets, but time to move on. You Porsche is/was magnificent.

Thanks, it was fun while it lasted...like you, no regrets, but it was time for me to move on. Some in the Porsche community don't understand why I did it. Obviously you do. :)

d_day

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is why I drive my 2001 focus everywhere and not my 65 Ranchero.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I don't own the ship in my avatar, Steamer Cue Sports Ltd. does. Her name is Shithead (pronounced Sha-theed), and she'll do fifteen knots at flank speed.
Our company uses her for promotional tours, as well entertaining wealthy clients such as Mr. Brunswick, Mr. Diamond, and Mr. Simonis, just to name a few.
We had her refitted last year with new state rooms, and a new lounge. (See photos). :smile:

Attachments

• yacht-4-e1412329900292.jpg
    yacht-4-e1412329900292.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 367