Case Recommendations

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I'm hoping to get a new case for the holidays and wasn't sure what to get. I have a JB and I love the case, but I'm not sure if JB makes the style of leather case I'm looking for.

I really like the style of the Jack Justis leather cases with the cut diamonds into the leather with some sort of material underneath. I haven't seen any JBs like that. I saw some Al King and Volturi cases that match the style I'm looking for. I have heard poor things about the quality of Volturi cases though and I'm not sure if Al King is still making cases? Does anyone know? Or if JB can do a case in this style?

I'm looking for a 4x8 or 3x5/6 Any help is appreciated in maker suggestions.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those leather twins in that video are more along the lines of what I'm looking for. I suppose I'll give John a call.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would highly suggest reaching out to Al King on here. I did last year and it was a great decision.

I’ve had some nice cases over the years. A couple Justis, Whitten, Murnak, Fields etc. Last year for my 40th birthday I decided to treat myself to a nice leather case with the setup I really wanted as I hadn’t had one before (classic style, 1 small and 1 large pocket with a jump sleeve on the large). Contacted Al and he built me one that I absolutely love, best case I’ve ever had. He uses JB interiors which are great and the quality of his work is outstanding.

One thing I really like about King is the rear mounted instead of side mounted shoulder strap, just carries nicer in my experience.

Gjj1ojO.jpg

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would highly suggest reaching out to Al King on here. I did last year and it was a great decision.

I’ve had some nice cases over the years. A couple Justis, Whitten, Murnak, Fields etc. Last year for my 40th birthday I decided to treat myself to a nice leather case with the setup I really wanted as I hadn’t had one before (classic style, 1 small and 1 large pocket with a jump sleeve on the large). Contacted Al and he built me one that I absolutely love, best case I’ve ever had. He uses JB interiors which are great and the quality of his work is outstanding.

One thing I really like about King is the rear mounted instead of side mounted shoulder strap, just carries nicer in my experience.

Gjj1ojO.jpg
That is a beautiful case and along the lines of designs I'm looking for.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact info for King Cases,please?

He's on the forum here, username "King", I'd suggest reaching out to him that way. He does have that he's not currently taking case orders on his profile though, so perhaps he's not at the moment. But if he does again, he was truly a pleasure to work with, I have excellent photos from every step of the build process from him. Great experience and I plan to use this case for the rest of my life as it's exactly what I've always wanted.

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's on the forum here, username "King", I'd suggest reaching out to him that way. He does have that he's not currently taking case orders on his profile though, so perhaps he's not at the moment. But if he does again, he was truly a pleasure to work with, I have excellent photos from every step of the build process from him. Great experience and I plan to use this case for the rest of my life as it's exactly what I've always wanted.
Thanks Much

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That King is a very nice case indeed- I like your design and I also like having the shoulder strap not interfere with the look of the case as you mentioned

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I'm hoping to get a new case for the holidays and wasn't sure what to get. I have a JB and I love the case, but I'm not sure if JB makes the style of leather case I'm looking for.

I really like the style of the Jack Justis leather cases with the cut diamonds into the leather with some sort of material underneath. I haven't seen any JBs like that. I saw some Al King and Volturi cases that match the style I'm looking for. I have heard poor things about the quality of Volturi cases though and I'm not sure if Al King is still making cases? Does anyone know? Or if JB can do a case in this style?

I just bought a J Pechauer 3x6 to use just for storage. It's perfect for what I want and seems well made.
I'm not rough on any equipment but I would treat it 'lighter' than my JB Ruggeds.
My jB holds a full load extremely tight and I was worried about warping from pressure,
the Pech rests my mind for that and very little play in indvidual tube. Great case for me.
I think I only paid about $85 ebay, not real sure on price but wasn't much!

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Anything I am selling I would recommend, lol. I have too much laying around that I do not use and I actually need to start listing a bit more. I'll cut you a good deal.

stunshotDAVE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have a LONGONI Kevlar 3x6. It iz BULLETPROOF. Dont buy the cheaper ABS Case too Flitsy.