Case - What is your preference

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you set up an account, you can collect cash back that they call Seybert's Bucks.
For the 3x4/2x5 case, you will get around $12 in Seybert's Bucks, which you can deduct from your bill the next time you purchase something at Seyberts.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I have been looking at all the different cases available today. The selection is sure a ton more than it was back then in the days gone by. Some of them have plastic tubes and some of them have felt lined tubes. I am looking at a nice 3/5 Nick Varner that my dealer is offering a pretty good deal on. It is the same case Nick carries also. It has the plastic tubes with no felt and the shafts go in the back that zips open that has felt to protect them. What is the better case options that don’t cost a fortune and what is the preference on plastic or felt lined. I normally go with a 2/4 but I can get the 3/5 for a better deal.
There has been movement toward butterfly cases and away from cowboy leather style cases. I've retired my Justis case because I don't want to wear it out.

Personally I use an Italian leather butterfly case and love it.

This Molinari (by Predator) case is excellent for $165.

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a soft It's George I got in the early 90's. If I need to bring 2 shafts to compare, I have a handy 1 x 2 cheapo hard case.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on how your traveling. In the sixties I used an aluminum tube case made for fishing rods. I lived by motorcycle, it was perfect for open road conditions.

Fifty years later I bought a new one made for cues from Prather.
It's my most used case because I'm still riding all over. Held to my mirror stalks by very heavy rubber bands.

Gmess3000

Ordered a JB on 12/27, should be here Wednesday 1/27... So about a month, it was just a rugged JB nothing custom as that may take a little longer.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought 3 of those 1x2 GTFs about the same time as you. Like those also but I always carry more cues.
Just bought a 1x2 GTF.
Plain and simple.
One butt and two shafts is all I need.
I break with my player.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Talisman hard leather case for so many years but such cases are just too heavy to just walking somewhere to play. In addition once I built 62" cues for myself comparing to 60" I played before... well it appeared slightly tight to close).
So I was looking for a case with two major preferences in mind: light and comfortable plus enough space for my not so standard cues.
Well I've got my Urban grey case (2/4 soft version) two weeks ago I ordered from Seyberts and I can tell I could not be happier. With 32" interior length ... my cues just fit ok, so as in the soft version the bottom compartment for cues can be unzipped all the way comparing to the hard version which is in addition 1" shorter...well I can easily pack some more cues in there. I also love that huge upper compartment ...
Looks simple and elegant plus without those huge "cats" at least on the visible sides (the back does not count).

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Price made the best case I have ever owned. It only took five years, a few fishing trips and a bottle or two of rum to keep him focused but it was well worth the wait. I’ve got three other hard cases that hold 2 cues and 4 shafts but they look like lesbian biker cases with all of the shiny studs everywhere. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that). Steve’s case doesn’t have all of that crap so it looks more classic. And it’s custom made to the length of my Mobley so it fits real snug.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Guys for all the replies and advice. I get into the Equipment as much as I do the game so it is cool to see what everyone is using for cases and some mentioned that I did not know of.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I have been looking at all the different cases available today. The selection is sure a ton more than it was back then in the days gone by. Some of them have plastic tubes and some of them have felt lined tubes. I am looking at a nice 3/5 Nick Varner that my dealer is offering a pretty good deal on. It is the same case Nick carries also. It has the plastic tubes with no felt and the shafts go in the back that zips open that has felt to protect them. What is the better case options that don’t cost a fortune and what is the preference on plastic or felt lined. I normally go with a 2/4 but I can get the 3/5 for a better deal.
JB seriously. I've never seen any case built as good as this is and the protection is unreal. I've never had any high dollar cases, I think my old one was an "action" or something. I've seen good cases that belonged to friends, but nothing is even in the same ballpark as the JB rugged I bought. I got a little bigger one to carry my wife's cue so I ended up spending $250, but it was worth every penny. They are serious quality.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
vintage 1x2 mcdermott aluminum tube with gator. other 1x2 tubes would do as well like its george

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Half the people in this thread - I use a case built by my sisters cousins brother in laws fathers friends great uncle prior to WW1 that used fresh Mastodon leather that was acquired on a hunt by his great great great grandfathers friends great great great great grandmothers friend she was cheating with blah blah blah 🤣

Greg M

Since I'm an English pool player, I use a black Halo-style aluminium one-piece case for my cue. For snooker, I used a red and black checkered patchwork wooden case.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 86
  • snooker.jpg
    snooker.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 89

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB seriously. I've never seen any case built as good as this is and the protection is unreal. I've never had any high dollar cases, I think my old one was an "action" or something. I've seen good cases that belonged to friends, but nothing is even in the same ballpark as the JB rugged I bought. I got a little bigger one to carry my wife's cue so I ended up spending $250, but it was worth every penny. They are serious quality.
The nice thing about the JB Rugged 4x8 is that it is really not much bigger than a their 2x4 as well as not much more money - $250 vs $200. Unless you absolutely have to have leather, it can’t be beat.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Half the people in this thread - I use a case built by my sisters cousins brother in laws fathers friends great uncle prior to WW1 that used fresh Mastodon leather that was acquired on a hunt by his great great great grandfathers friends great great great great grandmothers friend she was cheating with blah blah blah 🤣
Thankfully I’m not related to Steve Price. And I have no idea where he got the leather but I hope it’s from a mastodon, that would be cool. Come to think of it Steve is old enough to have hunt down one of those f’ers.

chuckg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mostly carry an unknown 1 x 2,with a Lucasi jump cue strapped on it. I have a 25 yr old Instroke Buffalo 3 x 7,pretty much used for storage. It is an awesome case but loaded up weighs a bunch.When I sell a couple of cues I will be looking for a 2 x 4 or 2 x 5 JB.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instroke cases are always nice. Just heavy. Both the leather and vinyl are good.