Caudron beats up Jaspers

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Caudron was clearly the better player this week. Funny how no one seems to be following it...one of the bigger matches for carom players.

I had thought the over/under on the high run was 16, but Caudron ran a 16 and Jaspers ran another 21. And still lost by around a 100 points.

Congrats to Caudron. I really don't think people give him the credit he deserves...he is absolutely phenomenal at all the carom games.

mbvl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, Bud,

I expected more posts here, too. The most impressive stat to me was Caudron making 51 in 7 innings: 10-2-5-11-10-3-10.

John B

Registered
It was never close

I also thought there would be more posts on this story. I think that viewership and therefore interest dropped off as it became clear Dick was not going to catch Fredrick. For me it looked like Dick (not for lack of trying) started to look too much like part of the audience vs the opponent. That 21 carom run was great but we didn't see enough runs between 7-10 from Dick. I think he was really struggling with the clock. Perhaps he has not put enough practice time into adjusting to 40". Maybe because Kozoom billed that the match was to determine"who is the better player" , no one thinks there is anything more to talk about. On the the last day Bondahl came on the chat line and that was nice. He answered a lot of questions including who was the bigger systems player. His answer was Fred.

CaromUSA

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My observations/comments of the DJ/FC matchup.

Clever idea. Hats off to Kozoom. Lack of comments on AZ may have more to do with us than anything else. Are we Ameri-centric? I'd like to think we're not. We sure can learn a lot from our European and Asian friends.

Caudron and Jaspers are the best. Caudron has been the better player in 2012. That can/may change in 2013.

Some young guns are really improving and I'm keeping an eye on Jeremy Bury and Filippos Kasidokostas.

Mazin Shooni traveled to France. One of his objectives was to open AGIPI to U.S. players. If this becomes a reality,how will Pedro/Hugo/Mazin/Sonny/etc do there?

Should be interesting going forward. Caroms is alive and well in the U.S.

John B

Registered
shot clock

American players will have to learn how to deal with that 40" shot clock if they want to compete with the euopeans.

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny you should mention that. The app for carom scoreboards is available with a shot clock. All you need is a laptop and a flat screen and you're good to go for a tourney/streaming.

Problem is..... in the U.S. we have a hard enough time getting people to volunteer to clean the tables and balls after each match.

Can you imagine asking them to man the scoreboard shot clock!

John B

Registered
practicing with a shot clock

I couldn't agree more and it isn't going to change soon. In a couple of months they will be playing the world championship in Porto. I assume Pedro at least will be invited. Hopefully he will integrate getting use to the shot clock at 40" as part of this training. Pedro represents all of us at this tournament and we can be very proud of him and his game.
By the way is the USBA going to need funding help for his trip? I have not hear a thing from Andrew or Jim about this.

John
caromUSA

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The USBA is it's own worst enemy(I'm including myself). We do a lot behind the scenes and do little in promoting ourselves as an organization.

Regarding your question; Pedro and Hugo have been given some subsidy options of THEIR choice.

As I recall neither opted for Porto. This is my understanding.

Last edited: