Cell phone junkies

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
they can do whatever they want if i have a good bet with them. and dont worry if they are betting something substantial they wont be on their phone.
if in a real tournament, then and i would tell them if they arent going to pay attention they can take their chances on what happens when they are not looking because i am not helping them.

i dont play leagues as it isnt any interest for me and understand why they look at their phones.

shooter_Hans

It's a shark tactic that I use to do but no longer an intentional shark move because it is very common for people to browse the internet and read.

Before cell phones I would bring a book with me and would read when its the opponent's turn to shoot.

In my college days I had my homework out during matches but that was decades ago and people were understanding then.

AZslim

Registered
Not to derail the thread, what about playing somebody that listens to earbuds while they play....and sings along with the music sometimes. They don't sing while I'm shooting though.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 2 different younger players last week, both spent the whole of the matches glued to their phones while I was shooting, is this now the norm?
Try playing in Providence,
Cell phones and music as loud as a concert. Table beds where you can feel the bass on them. And the TD is the one doing it.
Ship the cash,
Ship the ear plugs is more like it!
It's a Joke

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 2 different younger players last week, both spent the whole of the matches glued to their phones while I was shooting, is this now the norm?
I get zoned in, I don't even care what my opponent is doing as long as they're not up walking around. Then I think there is a problem, are they taking a break, wtf are they doing? Wanna play on your phone sitting, I don't give AF. Wouldn't even notice tbh.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1709230745293.jpeg

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
And, spiraling deeper into the abyss . . . as any fan of True Crime knows, the ability which a cell phone affords the authorities (not overlooking suspicious spouses) to track one's whereabouts over extended periods of the past is another truly alarming aspect of these demon spawn. Between GPS Tracking/Location and DNA, society will have no need for either detectives or juries in the near future as criminal liability will be assigned simply through a computer printout.
Yeah, and they will try and convict you before you've ever committed the act, like Minority Report. Could start giving out trophies and prize monies in advance of actually playing the match too. Only sane thing to do is to remain in bed, as our lives will be rendered redundant in totality soon enough.

I'd still get out of bed for beer and pizza though, AI be damned. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i put it in my cue case and shut off the sound for a couple of holy hours. what others do is up to them. i doubt it has a positive effect on their game, unless they're filming the match

snookered_again

Just turn out the pool light.. walk away without a word.. let them focus on their phone. bathroom time or smoke break or whatever.. You can just say you thought it was something important so you left them to focus on their task at hand.

in some games there is a time limit per shot. In most cases with casual play it's not observed but you can suggest that as a condition of play if it makes sense under the circumstances to make such an agreement.

shooter_Hans

Just turn out the pool light.. walk away without a word.. let them focus on their phone. bathroom time or smoke break or whatever.. You can just say you thought it was something important so you left them to focus on their task at hand.

in some games there is a time limit per shot. In most cases with casual play it's not observed but you can suggest that as a condition of play if it makes sense under the circumstances to make such an agreement.
Breaking down a cue is a sign of forfeit.

If someone turns the lights off then that is a forfeit.

jameson71

I would honestly take it a compliment that my opponent anticipates me being at the table so long that they need to entertain themselves in the meanwhile.

shooter_Hans

I would honestly take it a compliment that my opponent anticipates me being at the table so long that they need to entertain themselves in the meanwhile.
I don't think they are watching any videos.

Sometimes I text my friend on what to do in between shots. So some can just be reading messages on how and where to shoot.

We do it in code so its faster.

Think of the head coach calling in plays to the QB.