Cell phone junkies

Flakeandrun

Not just young, but young, young -- I see parents giving their phones to toddler to play games. Also toddlers demanding their parent's phones. Could not believe what I was seeing,
My nephew broke two of my brothers TV's as a toddler thinking they were touch screen. Is the digital age really human progress?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not his duty to watch...

I don't are if my opponent wants to watch or not
SO, in an official/refereed match, if the ref doesn’t watch your opponent play, you would have no complaint then? (what’s good for the goose, etc.)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
SO, in an official/refereed match, if the ref doesn’t watch your opponent play, you would have no complaint then? (what’s good for the goose, etc.)
How can it be a refereed match and the ref not watch? If the ref isn't watching then it's not a refereed match. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can it be a refereed match and the ref not watch? If the ref isn't watching then it's not a refereed match. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Or, in other words, you might say, the ref was NEGLECTING HIS DUTY!😁😁😁
Technically (according to the rules), every match is ‘refereed’. If not an official, then the opponent assumes the responsibility.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Or, in other words, you might say, the ref was NEGLECTING HIS DUTY!😁😁😁
Technically (according to the rules), every match is ‘refereed’. If not an official, then the opponent assumes the responsibility.
Yeah and if the opponent "NEGECTS HIS DUTY" and buries his head in a phone then that's on him if he misses a foul.

It's that easy. Don't like it, don't play them.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as there’s no audio or distracting phone light you can watch your phone and get a massage for all I care. I want you to be comfortable in your chair cause that’s where I plan on you being during our match. Bring your spouse if you want to

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
If you have an opponent on his phone I think it's ok to just tell them.

"hey I don't mind you being on your phone while I am shooting but if you don't want to pay attention to the game I won't be calling fouls on myself"

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Face the truth, the title of this thread nailed it -- people are hooked. Cell Phones are the new heroin. With the advent/perfection of Musk's Neuralink Chip, a 24/7 mainline fix of data and voice is just a breath away. A brave new world is dawning.

And, spiraling deeper into the abyss . . . as any fan of True Crime knows, the ability which a cell phone affords the authorities (not overlooking suspicious spouses) to track one's whereabouts over extended periods of the past is another truly alarming aspect of these demon spawn. Between GPS Tracking/Location and DNA, society will have no need for either detectives or juries in the near future as criminal liability will be assigned simply through a computer printout.
I’ve been an attorney in the criminal justice system for more than forty years. What you are describing is not overstated at all. True privacy is dead and buried in the modern world and we gave it all away one click at a time.

KREE8TIV

Super annoying , you could be making one of the coolest shots of the game or your life and the opponent doesn't see it . It's your turn ...
Bump on a log . Oh am I stripes or solids ? They are just as much fun to watch while they are texting and driving :mad: