Chalk Mfg (miscue) vs Golf Ball Mfg

DeeDeeCues

When your 6'6'' and start crawling on the floor in a dark room, you'll understand. One things for sure ;) DeeDee and Xwizard know more than the rest of us. They've got it figured out, Right?.... Have at em boyz. :)

I'm starting to play "ALLOT better and life falling back in place makes me feel like DDDDDDD.....WIZARD :).
Have a great day, thx for all the posts.

And remember, just because your a vegetarian, it's amazing it tastes like bacon.

I must have the wrong language translator turned on...

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a reason NO mfg of golf balls, makes the outer covering Black, or Blue.... it's obvious, these colors are extremely difficult to see/find in that ecosystem.

Now the Chalk mfg, for some reason have made the outer wrappings dark/black WHY???????????
And to add to their problem they are now ROUND.

So your playing in a pool room, and you drop your Round piece of black wrapped chalk under the table, NOW it's in the dark.
Where did it go?
Your down on your knees and look for it, spending a couple minutes, you finally found it.

Since it was Round, it didn't roll under your table but it rolled under a table next to your play area or possibly under the dark area the food table next to you.

Come on mfg. make chalk wrapping White/light.
Thats' what they do to golf balls, easier to find a white object in a dark room DUH :).

Common sense.... where did it go? At least the square chalk cubes don't roll 10 feet.

More inane, sophomoric, millineal whining about nothing.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thx Brookeland Bill for your nice words..... keep up your productive actions.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You think a black chalk cover is bad, some idiot thinks making the stripe pool balls black

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I not that great at writing, I should of said in any PGA pro event.... Sorry word patrol. :) I thought making my point was Simple.
I watch allot of PGA events, and worked golf courses during my college years. Found allot of balls, never Black ones.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
If we are inventing fantasy chalking equipment, then I have a few design proposals:

I would buy tons and tons of disposable pre chalk cue tips with adhesive sleeves. Imagine selling chalked cue tips like weapons ammo.
New pre chalked tips needed for practice and competition. It ups my chalk budget north a few hundred.

Players on the road would not want to carry so many cue tips. Road players would benefit from one large chalk block they can slice and sell pieces of. Proprietary blend chalk by pool player pro, it be more of a novelty for fan sales. Put some unique packaging and call it the chalk collection. Chalks for high humidity, low humidity, different colors, and different shapes.

3d printing is an emerging technology. I could imagine demand for custom chalk applicators and house tables could be a fun gift to promote billiards. Imagine printing a cartoon character holding something in the shape of chalk and that is where the chalk goes. Or print a 3 set chalk holder, this way you can evaluate using one of the chalks each time you draw chalk. Mastering the grip on that would be challenging and fun to make silly records.