Chalk Mfg (miscue) vs Golf Ball Mfg

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
There's a reason NO mfg of golf balls, makes the outer covering Black, or Blue.... it's obvious, these colors are extremely difficult to see/find in that ecosystem.

Now the Chalk mfg, for some reason have made the outer wrappings dark/black WHY???????????
And to add to their problem they are now ROUND.

So your playing in a pool room, and you drop your Round piece of black wrapped chalk under the table, NOW it's in the dark.
Where did it go?
Your down on your knees and look for it, spending a couple minutes, you finally found it.

Since it was Round, it didn't roll under your table but it rolled under a table next to your play area or possibly under the dark area the food table next to you.

Come on mfg. make chalk wrapping White/light.
Thats' what they do to golf balls, easier to find a white object in a dark room DUH :).

Common sense.... where did it go? At least the square chalk cubes don't roll 10 feet.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the same reason people like black cars that they have to wash every friggen day to look clean.....

DeeDeeCues

There's a reason NO mfg of golf balls, makes the outer covering Black, or Blue.... it's obvious, these colors are extremely difficult to see/find in that ecosystem.

Now the Chalk mfg, for some reason have made the outer wrappings dark/black WHY???????????

So your playing in a pool room, and you drop your Round piece of black wrapped chalk under the table, NOW it's in the dark.
Where did it go?
Your down on your knees and look for it, spending a couple minutes, you finally found it.

Since it was Round, it didn't roll under your table but it rolled under a table next to your play area or possibly under the dark area the food table next to you.

Thats' what they do to golf balls, easier to find a white object in a dark room DUH :).

Common sense.... where did it go? At least the square chalk cubes don't roll 10 feet.

You're getting to be as prolific in the insane bs as justnum.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Just wrap it in red tape?

The color of the chalk wrapper is a solution in need of a problem, I think.

KyHighball

This problem could be solved very easily
qcapa_01.jpg
qccs_01_1.jpg

KyHighball

Pool players are quite the crafty bunch. I'm sure one of you could hook a pocket chalker to one of these badge leash deals. Would never lose a piece of chalk again! Although now that I'm thinking of it, someone would probably steal it out of jealousy.
61LclS2Z-sL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Island Drive

Silver Member
For the same reason people like black cars that they have to wash every friggen day to look clean.....
I have a black 4x4. Only because in the mountains on a pass during a white out, it's VERY difficult to see a white car in a white out. It's thee only reason I have a black 4x4. To visit my grandkids in the winter, driving over 3 mtn passes.

Island Drive

Silver Member
You're getting to be as prolific in the insane bs as justnum.
Then tell Titleist to make their golf ball Black, see what they say.
I played at a very high level till the 90's, then divorce, now I'm back and looking at the game from a non-league perspective is all.
I gambled with Earl and McCready in the lates seventies and got the dough. So I'm not a ball banger mindset, can't play like I used to but Know the different between right and wrong. And you must know allot to compare Numb with me.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

Where did it go?

The more chalk you lose... the more you buy. It works in their favor. ;)

Cuedup

Elephant Balls chalk doesn't roll far. It's shaped like a triangle.

It's worse than a Lego if you don't have shoes on.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care about the color of the wrapper, but I have been bitten by the round chalk rolling away. And it highlighted the benefit of the Predator chalk octagonal design. Because now, as a user of Taom chalk, I really like the round shape for chalking and a cube feels weird now that I've gotten used to it...but it will roll away when dropped. The octagonal design seems to combine the best of both worlds...but I prefer the actual chalk on the Taom so I'll stick with it and just try not to drop it.

Island Drive

Silver Member
When your 6'6'' and start crawling on the floor in a dark room, you'll understand. One things for sure ;) DeeDee and Xwizard know more than the rest of us. They've got it figured out, Right?.... Have at em boyz. :)

I'm starting to play "ALLOT better and life falling back in place makes me feel like DDDDDDD.....WIZARD :).
Have a great day, thx for all the posts.

And remember, just because your a vegetarian, it's amazing it tastes like bacon.