Chalk placement question

L.S. Dennis

It is 1-39. Comes right after all the equipment stuff.
Checked my BCA rule book again, and it says only that marking the table is considered unsportsmanship and could be considered a foul. I must have an old version and not as up to date as yours. Mine is a 2014 issue and does not have a category 1-39 in it. Glad you cleared this up.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I chuckled thinking of wetting the finger first. The most common marking in my experience is when they aim the cue to the rail and allow the tip to touch the underside of the cushion. Leaving a very slight mark of chalk.
The first time I saw Buddy Hall in a nine ball tournament what struck me was how often he kicked balls in even if they were in the middle of the table. He would walk over to the rail and draw his finger across the rail on the line of aim.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The first time I saw Buddy Hall in a nine ball tournament what struck me was how often he kicked balls in even if they were in the middle of the table. He would walk over to the rail and draw his finger across the rail on the line of aim.
My method (especially when playing the 8 in eight ball) is to take the line from the pocket through the eight and to the rail. Then apply the skills attained from Grady Mathews suggested practice. If I strike that point I can’t scratch and if I get the spin just right I make the ball. I never got advanced enough to plan a kick safe like Efren.