Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

poolmonkey

Just a hack...
Silver Member
Val Finnie said:
brooklyjay, maybe you should get your facts correct before you post. The bet that was offered was from OMG, and unless you know nothing about gambling on pool players and the golden rule. - Never bet directly with the players involved in the match.

The thing is, Kim and I saw an alarm bell when OMG wanted the bet personally. Why, when she already has $3000 posted in a game in my opinion she cant possibly win. Maybe I am just over cautious.

Anyway my bet is still there, but as I said to Vagabond, We will still bet, but with somebody I am familiar with and is not involved in the match directly.

You see brooklynjay I do "know a good bet when I see one" and I also "know a bad bet when I see one", as you like to quote it.
I dont know why I have to explain myself to you, but there you have it.

Hope this answers your questions.

Have a good day

Val

Ok why would you be cautious over a bet where she has picked herself in as the winner? For you to lose money in a game she cant possibly win as you called it, Cubc would need to lose or dump the game. If OMG loses as you're predicting, you would win. So what are you so cautious about, unless you think Chris is going to dump the game or lose with the 7... Apparently you dont know what a good bet is and that is why you're welching. Sounds to me you found out who OMG is and is now trying to find your way out of the bet without looking like an idiot.

Also, why do you need to do a bet with someone you're familiar with? Especially since the money will be held by vagabond who you designated to be the one holding the cash, yes?

Good luck trying to form a response, maybe this time you'll make sense.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
cubc said:
I'd like to point out I finally beat the american idol part of the poll.. as of right now anyway :p

This post has motivated me to vote ... that tie at 23 must be broken !

Dave

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
In Val's defense let me point out one thing here. First I want to say up front that Melinda has always been a very nice person to me. I in know way think that what I am about to say would ever happen with her invloved in it.

Two people are playing. There is thousands being bet on the game. The favorite bets $500 (probably more like $100 if five were involved in the bet) publicly on himself. Now the favorite has friends go out and bet a large amount on the underdog at the last few hours before the match. The favorite dumps the game and splits thousands with the betting friends and only used $100 salt money to reel them in.

My friends and I have pulled this move hundreds of times over the years. Johnnyt

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
I see what you're saying, but that's not what's happening here.

Barbara

Johnnyt said:
In Val's defense let me point out one thing here. First I want to say up front that Melinda has always been a very nice person to me. I in know way think that what I am about to say would ever happen with her invloved in it.

Two people are playing. There is thousands being bet on the game. The favorite bets $500 (probably more like $100 if five were involved in the bet) publicly on himself. Now the favorite has friends go out and bet a large amount on the underdog at the last few hours before the match. The favorite dumps the game and splits thousands with the betting friends and only used $100 salt money to reel them in.

My friends and I have pulled this move hundreds of times over the years. Johnnyt

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:

Yeah, but in this case, the only treachery that could happen here is if cubc dumps. And the WPBA contingent know him so well that they even call him by his first name.

I think anyone with gray matter knows what happened here. There was a rail woof on a perceived mortal lock, and too many people called back. The feet got cold. How can anyone see it any different?

Val called out the bet first. I've got nothing against her whatsoever, but if she says "$500 to anyone," I don't see how you back off when "anyone" is knocking at the door.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Surely you're not professing that you are proud of a dump scheme?

Fred <~~~ knows of no such Golden Rule

girlwon1

Silver Member
I had written earlier that I would like to bet 500 on Chris. I see that Barbara would like to bet that. If this is correct, would you get back to me? Thanks!

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Tina,

I'm just taking omg's place on the group bet with Val.

I've already got other action.

Barbara

girlwon1 said:
I had written earlier that I would like to bet 500 on Chris. I see that Barbara would like to bet that. If this is correct, would you get back to me? Thanks!

Ant812

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
girlwon1 said:
ill get you started with $100. let me know.

girlwon1

Silver Member
I see Barbara, no problem. Thanks for getting back to me...

Ant, I am not interested in betting 100 here or there, with a bunch of different people to get to 500. I would like to bet a 500 bet here on the forum, and then I will bring a couple of thousand to bet on the rail the day of.

Thanks for offering though, and good luck to you...

Tina Pawloski

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Yeah, but in this case, the only treachery that could happen here is if cubc dumps.

I'm just going by the poll here on AZ and she's the heavy favorite. I have no idea how much is bet on who. Do you think this is my first rodeo? Johnnyt

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Your Book- Available For Purchase On Amazon.com

Johnnyt said:
Yeah, but in this case, the only treachery that could happen here is if cubc dumps.

I'm just going by the poll here on AZ and she's the heavy favorite. I have no idea how much is bet on who. Do you think this is my first rodeo? Johnnyt

While it may not be your first rodeo, it must have been your Avatar's first time holding a gun. :rolleyes:

I now realize that she is just one of those revenge type women, like in your book, THE VIGILANTE ERA(Corina Molloy PI Novel) (Kindle Reader Edition) ;)

JoeyA

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Do you think this is my first rodeo? Johnnyt
No, I never implied anything of the sort. I think you need to reread your own post. I think it was you who was laying down the whos and whatnots, when I think most of us understand exactly what's going on.

Val's post (and your subsequent) only makes sense if there's a fear that cubc will dump on her. Do you agree or disagree with that? But she knows him, so that's where her post doesn't make any sense (and subsequently, your post doesn't jibe with what happened here). Then to make this "Golden Rule" nonsense... it's just that. Nonsense.

Regardless of the poll, Val Finnie believes that cubc is the favorite. She's betting on cubc, not on the poll favorite.

Fred

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
While it may not be your first rodeo, it must have been your Avatar's first time holding a gun. :rolleyes:

I now realize that she is just one of those revenge type women, like in your book, THE VIGILANTE ERA(Corina Molloy PI Novel) (Kindle Reader Edition) ;)

JoeyA

LMAO. Yes She's on the cover. That's Corina. Johnnyt

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
No, I never implied anything of the sort. I think you need to reread your own post. I think it was you who was laying down the whos and whatnots, when I think most of us understand exactly what's going on.

Val's post (and your subsequent) only makes sense if there's a fear that cubc will dump on her. Do you agree or disagree with that? But she knows him, so that's where her post doesn't make any sense (and subsequently, your post doesn't jibe with what happened here). Then to make this "Golden Rule" nonsense... it's just that. Nonsense.

Regardless of the poll, Val Finnie believes that cubc is the favorite. She's betting on cubc, not on the poll favorite.

Fred
I didn't know half the WPBA knew him. But the only way it works is for her to be the favorite...and she is on AZ poll. Johnnyt

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
I didn't know half the WPBA knew him. But the only way it works is for her to be the favorite...and she is on AZ poll. Johnnyt
I'm confused as to if you are confused or not. Do you understand that she (Val Finnie, women's player on the WPBA tour) is betting on cubc? And that she knows him, proven by the fact that she calls him by his first name? All of this is information from the thread, not some secret "in the know" thing. Val believes that cubc is the favorite. That is pretty obvious. Is this or is this not obvious to you?

So, if she's betting on him, then if omgwtf dumps (which seems to be the fear), then Val wins. How is that bad for her? Her "Golden Rule" then makes zero sense.

Fred

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
I'm confused as to if you are confused or not. Do you understand that she (Val Finnie, women's player on the WPBA tour) is betting on cubc? And that she knows him, proven by the fact that she calls him by his first name? All of this is information from the thread, not some secret "in the know" thing. Val believes that cubc is the favorite. That is pretty obvious. Is this or is this not obvious to you?

So, if she's betting on him, then if omgwtf dumps (which seems to be the fear), then Val wins. How is that bad for her? Her "Golden Rule" then makes zero sense.

Fred
Maybe Val thinks that OMG and CubC are gonna slpit the total 6500 in prize money LOL. Dump a 3000 dollar win to get 250 and your entry fee back... cmon now... LOL....

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Cornerman said:

Fred
Your riiiigghhhht(very hard to get the word out) cornerman. I don't know what the hell I was thinking there. But this is only my second rodeo...so I should get better. :D Johnnyt

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Icon of Sin said:
Maybe Val thinks that OMG and CubC are gonna slpit the total 6500 in prize money LOL. Dump a 3000 dollar win to get 250 and your entry fee back... cmon now... LOL....
Given airfare, and a day off from from, I'm going to guess he'd be stuck over a grand.

Fred