Changing a shaft collar?

bearsafety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased a mint condition 314 1st Generation with a custom ugly collar ring in it. I cant shoot with it because it doesnt match my cue and it messes with my head. I have a Mike Stacey cue with a carmel natural wood type joint collar. Can someone tell me where to send my shaft to fix it that wont take months and months to have fixed and not cost an arm and a leg? Also can you do it without taking length off of the cue? If its cheaper, I wouldnt even mind if it was just solid black..
If you are a cuemaker can you send me a quote please. Thanks.

Attachments

• 314.jpg
    314.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 566

millertime77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit up Sickles or Mike Stacey's website both are here in Indiana. If you want it done cheaper I can get you Mike Cravins number.

It looks like the ring on the shaft is taller than your Stacey so the phenolic will be taller and not a exact match but will look good.

You want to sell your Stacey?

bearsafety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit up Sickles or Mike Stacey's website both are here in Indiana. If you want it done cheaper I can get you Mike Cravins number.

It looks like the ring on the shaft is taller than your Stacey so the phenolic will be taller and not a exact match but will look good.

You want to sell your Stacey?

GOOD LUCK getting ahold of Mike Stacey!!! Anybody have his number? Anytime ive tried to contact him its a no answer no voicemail, and no reply on an email. Only way I know how to contact him is through Roy Mallot and that ISNT happening.

Sickles is the dude who sets up at the state events and does cue work isnt he? You have his number?

No i dont want to sell it! Its been my player for 5+ years.

treed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
collar

is this the stacy cue,if not a pic would be needed to get an accurate estimate.

geocheren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to my guess that is a radial thread customized 314 shaft made to match a Dishaw Southwest Style cue.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is just a simple phenolic collar with a couple of rings and is a very easy job for any cuemaker and most competent repairmen. Expect a little wait time for proper refinish though.

bearsafety

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is just a simple phenolic collar with a couple of rings and is a very easy job for any cuemaker and most competent repairmen. Expect a little wait time for proper refinish though.

thats what i thought.. Any ideas on a price? I wouldnt even need the rings..

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats what i thought.. Any ideas on a price? I wouldnt even need the rings..

I'd expect this to be in the $50 - $100 range with the proper refinishing, but repair prices vary quite a bit. If you have someone local that is competent you can save a bit by avoiding shipping.