Changing Phenolic Tip/Ferrule?

Tiger Woo

Dreamer
I have a one piece tip/ferrule and I was wondering if they're more difficult to change than a regular phenolic tip? Also I was going to replace my tip with a one piece g10 tip/ferrule, would there be any differences in between the 2 tips that would effect installation?

Edit: for the douche who replied about that yellow highlight. It's changed. Also it would be easier to give an answer instead of wasting your time writing useless reply.

Last edited:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a one piece tip/ferrule and I was wondering if they're more difficult to change than a regular phenolic tip? Also I was going to replace my tip with a one piece g10 tip/ferrule, would there be any differences in between the 2 tips that would effect installation?

Edit: for the douche who replied about that yellow highlight. It's changed. Also it would be easier to give an answer instead of wasting your time writing useless reply.

I can see your going to really fit in and add to the quality of the forum. First post and your calling people names. I have found it's easier to get the knowledge that you are in quest of with a little honey than a snide remark. I hope you find an answer to your question.

Dick

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, it's easier to just type you your answer, but the wisdom doesn't come easy, and the answers sometimes don't just instantly appear at your feet. Besides, what you need is a lesson in etiquette, not short cuts and quick answers.

Lesson #1

'You must take off your shoes and bow when entering instead of walking on the floor with your dirty shoes and head held high.'

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
I'm honored, I've never been called a douche before, probably a few other names tho.

All I know is I have some really hot friends and they normally go for the douches....lol....

In fact, they tell me the guys are douches before they go for them...

I want to be a douche!!!!!

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
For example:

Attachments

• cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 337

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Ya got me convinced, I'm in.
Its too bad Tiger didn't know that I tease a lot and didn't mean anything by my reply.
My Dads nickname from the army was Teaser and I guess it rubbed off. Not a normal day for me if I don't get someone laughing.

Last edited:

Tiger Woo

Dreamer
I apologize for asking a legit question about yellow highlight being hard to see. I should have read the STICKY about posting in this particular forum. Especially this part "The following rules are put in place to make this forum a positive informative place where anyone can ask the quality cuemakers who frequent our forum questions.

Although anyone can participate in the thread’s discussions and ask questions, it should primarily be the experienced cuemakers who provide the answers. It might be appropriate for non-cuemakers to give some input on occasions. But that should be the exception instead of the norm."

So ****in excuse my ignorance. I guess was expecting a more mature atmosphere from professional cue makers but I guess I was mistaken. So if nobody has answered my original question, am I to assume that there aren't any professional cue makers here in the forum? Or is the question beyond your abilities as cue smith? So pretty please with sugar on top just answer the ****in question! Thank You!

atamoukian

Registered
i never knew professional cuemakers were serious at all!! all the ones i know love joking around and giving people a hard time, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

Brown Bear

Registered
This is some kinda joke right??

Come on Tiger,
Get your panties out of a bunch and play nice. You aren't getting any answers for 2 reasons:

1) No one wants to answer anyone who shows no respect. Everyone plays and jokes on these forums. To reiterate SK's point, acting like a harda** and not taking a joke will get you nowhere in here.

2) Try a search, I know the phenolic vs. G10 discussion has been around for a while.

Good luck finding your answer.

Last edited:

Tiger Woo

Dreamer
Maybe I came off as a hardass but that still doesn't excuse the fact that I ask legit question and still haven't got an answer. I read the sticky before I posted and the first sentence says "The following rules are put in place to make this forum a positive informative place where anyone can ask the quality cuemakers who frequent our forum questions."

If you want to joke around fine by me but answer the question too. Also I know a lot about phenolic and g10 but none of the threads I searched for answered my questions. So I thought I would ask cue maker and I get bollocked for yellow highlight. Blue Hog ridr I didn't take your reply personally, I asked a question and you made a very immature reply that had nothing to do with my question. So I'm the bad guy for asking a question and following the rules and Blue Hog is a hero for giving me a "great" answer to my question. So much for a "positive informative place"!

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on and cool down a little before your wife hits you with the 4 iron again, and it is just a simple matter of cutting the phenolic down to the tenon first. Then bore the hole in the G10 blank thread to match tenon or thread both and glue with epoxy and shape after epoxy dries and go crack some cueballs, hope this helped some and welcome to the forums.--Leonard

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact is, yes, you did ask a legit question, but it was tied to attitude like this

Calm down a little, and learn to swallow your pride. Nobody will help you if you act like that, but you don't seem to get that. All you care about is getting what you want and acting like daffy duck just makes things all the more laughable.

Positive and informative comes with a price, and that's being polite and keeping a good reputation on AZ.

Maybe I came off as a hardass but that still doesn't excuse the fact that I ask legit question and still haven't got an answer. I read the sticky before I posted and the first sentence says "The following rules are put in place to make this forum a positive informative place where anyone can ask the quality cuemakers who frequent our forum questions."

If you want to joke around fine by me but answer the question too. Also I know a lot about phenolic and g10 but none of the threads I searched for answered my questions. So I thought I would ask cue maker and I get bollocked for yellow highlight. Blue Hog ridr I didn't take your reply personally, I asked a question and you made a very immature reply that had nothing to do with my question. So I'm the bad guy for asking a question and following the rules and Blue Hog is a hero for giving me a "great" answer to my question. So much for a "positive informative place"!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
So I'm the bad guy for asking a question and following the rules and Blue Hog is a hero for giving me a "great" answer to my question. So much for a "positive informative place"!

Ok, you ask a question and then call another forum member a Douche.
Then its like F/N this, F/N that, just answer my F/N question.

And then this part:
am I to assume that there aren't any professional cue makers here in the forum? Or is the question beyond your abilities as cue smith?
So you just crapped on anyone here that might have answered your question.

I'd say there is a couple hundred years of cue making and repair experience here.

And now you're playing the victim. Typical passive aggressive disorder.

Last edited: