Charity Pool Tournament benefiting the National Hispanic Institute

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010
Location: Slick Willies Pool Hall, 8440 Burnet Road, Austin, TX

Entry fee: $15 Donation
8-Ball, APA rules
Tournament begins at 2:00PM
Sign-up on-site.

Tournament Prizes are pool cues donated by A-Tex Family Fun Center

Join us for the Silent Auction & Raffle from 5PM - 7PM. Prizes include weekend stays and rounds of golf at resorts around Texas, $200 in HEB Gift Certificates, golf and pool products (clubs and pool cues), Spa and salon gift certificates, and more.

Please come out and support the local NHI chapter. For more information about NHI please visit www.nhi-net.org.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, Sorry Ray! It was my only available weekend in March and couldn't do it on Sunday. We are expecting to get a lot of non-competitive pool players to this one.

Anyone who can't make it and is interested in donating to the organization can visit www.nhi-net.org and click on "Donate Now." Just be sure to list "Austin Pool Tournament" in the comments portion of the form. All donations are tax deductible and donations of $25 or more will receive appropriate tax receipts at the end of the year for your contribution.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Wish id've known sooner. Id have gone to support the cause.
Besides waco's to far from me.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who came out to support our tournament! We had a great turn out and raised over $2500 for the kids. The non-profit loved the results so we may try to do another one in a couple of months.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey there! I was talking to my buddy Joe today and he was telling me about the nice turnout and how much fun he had at the event.

Phil

pooligan

Registered
Thanks for running a great tournament, Christina. It went very smoothly, even after you had to split in into 2 after so many people showed up. I'm glad to hear you raised so much money for a worthy cause.

It was a little strange playing by the APA rules - I was surprised there is still a league system out there that plays slop! Still, a good tournament for a good cause.

Mike L.