Charleston, South Carolina

mapman72

New member
Hello all. I will be in Charleston, South Carolina September 9th - 12th for business. Of course that means that I'll be available each night to play some pool. I'm looking for some cheap action ($100-$200 sets) and practice. I will probably be travelling down there twice a year or so. When I was there in the spring I had a really difficult time finding a place to play. Please let me know some good places to play and PM me if you want to try to match up while I'm there. Thanks
 
mapman72 said:
Hello all. I will be in Charleston, South Carolina September 9th - 12th for business. Of course that means that I'll be available each night to play some pool. I'm looking for some cheap action ($100-$200 sets) and practice. I will probably be travelling down there twice a year or so. When I was there in the spring I had a really difficult time finding a place to play. Please let me know some good places to play and PM me if you want to try to match up while I'm there. Thanks
Man, you are just going to miss Shannon's tournament in Charleston at Weekends Pub on the 13-14th. It is am amateur event but I think you would qualify since the only tournament you won was an invitational a few years ago.:smile: It is a 1500 added event so if you get the chance to stick around you may have a little fun on the weekend.

Give him a call with any ?'s......865-850-4572

GL
 
mapman72 said:
Hello all. I will be in Charleston, South Carolina September 9th - 12th for business. Of course that means that I'll be available each night to play some pool. I'm looking for some cheap action ($100-$200 sets) and practice. I will probably be travelling down there twice a year or so. When I was there in the spring I had a really difficult time finding a place to play. Please let me know some good places to play and PM me if you want to try to match up while I'm there. Thanks

There are some good places to play in Goosecreek which is just outside of Charleston. Mike Staubs lives in Charleston and would be some tough action for you.
 
Ktown D said:
Man, you are just going to miss Shannon's tournament in Charleston at Weekends Pub on the 13-14th. It is am amateur event but I think you would qualify since the only tournament you won was an invitational a few years ago.:smile: It is a 1500 added event so if you get the chance to stick around you may have a little fun on the weekend.

Give him a call with any ?'s......865-850-4572

GL

I'm going to make that event. And I plan on snapping it off, FYI! ;)
 
DeadPoked said:
There are some good places to play in Goosecreek which is just outside of Charleston. Mike Staubs lives in Charleston and would be some tough action for you.

Sounds good. I'll try him some. Thanks
 
as far as I know, that area is primarily bar boxes. I've only been down there a few times, but from what I saw, that was the case. There may be a few 9' tables down there, but not many.

Dags
 
Dagwoodz said:
as far as I know, that area is primarily bar boxes. I've only been down there a few times, but from what I saw, that was the case. There may be a few 9' tables down there, but not many.

Dags

I hear that. When I was there in the spring I found one pool room in North Charleston with 9' tables. They were crappy. I did find this little hole in the wall with about 6-8 barboxes and played some against the locals. We didn't gamble or anything, but fun times.
 
Back
Top