Charlie Williams

9ballprodigy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you know, my first impression of charlie was that he was an extremely fast player, i mean, the first time i saw him on tv, he was playing in the finals of the BCA open against tony robles. they both shooting a rack a minute....

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched Charlie play a lot over the past few years, and he actually has two distinct playing speeds: very fast when he's playing at his best and the balls are spread nicely, and very slow when he has to think through every shot. I like Charlie but have to agree that watching him in his slow-playing mode is a little arduous.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
9ballprodigy said:
you know, my first impression of charlie was that he was an extremely fast player, i mean, the first time i saw him on tv, he was playing in the finals of the BCA open against tony robles. they both shooting a rack a minute....
I was just gettomg ready to say the same thing. I used to watch him practice and play all the time, and nothing about it was slow or soft. He played without thought (at least it seemd that way). Firing balls into the pockets.
This must be something new,

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
9ballprodigy said:

Yep, that's the first time I saw him also. It was great pool by both of them.

The younger Johnny Archer shot lights out at high speed. I've also seen Danny Basavich play very well with a shot clock. When Charlie is on the clock, he can be fun to watch. Otherwise, ouch...