Chat box on stream

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My chat box on the stream is just a blank white box. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you saying they can ban my ip address? Reason I ask is because it's blank even though I am not logged in.

That's correct. They can ban your IP address.

I noticed that some of the "over zealous" chat room moderators started banning entire area IP's. Otherwards they would ban everyone using a certain Internet Provider in an area just because they suspected a "trouble maker" was from that area.

You could also just need to update your flash player.:shocked:

Ray

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
For tonight's Inside Pool stream, was the issue just the chat box alone, or chat box and video? If it was the latter, there was an internet glitch at the host location.

Last edited:

wutang

THE DEADLY GAMESMAN
Silver Member
Adobe flash player

I have had this problem as well. It is your adobe flash player. For whatever reason, it just stops functioning. You have to reinstall it from the adobe website. Then that should repair the problem. I dont have a concept as to why it keeps reoccuring. Hopefully this helps.

PEACE

WUTANG

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
I HATE the Ustream chat box. It's a poorly written Java applet. Scrolling up (to see what you missed) is a pain because each new post moves your screen. No mouse wheel scrolling anyway.

I use ChatZilla (which requires Firefox) and no longer have any chat issues. I also get to see the comments that were removed, the users that were booted, which mod removed/booted them, who is joining the channel, where people are logging on from, and a lot of other stuff. It's missing some of the emoticons, but that isn't a big deal. You also get a sound when someone PM's or types your name in the main window.

Plus, I can move it around, resize it, change font size, and basically NOT WORRY about trying to position everything so I can see the stream and chat at the same time.

FWIW, I usually have ChatZilla running on my laptop, and whatever stream I'm watching set to full screen on my TV. Lately, I've been running both on my laptop, and the ease of use is sooooooo much better than that stupid Ustream chat box.

It works for:
InsidePool
POVPool
TAR
PoolActionTV
OnsitePool
All Ustream chats

For the Chat Warriors: You can be on multiple chats at the same time, too, all in the same window.

The only chat that doesn't work this way is the Accu-stats PPV chat. (But I'm working on it).

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to post full instructions, with screenshots. It can be a little confusing at first, but it's a piece of cake once you know how to set it up.

-Blake
"IT Pro"