Chattanooga TN pool halls?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
In a week or so, we're heading to Chattanooga for a few days.
Any suggestions as to what pool hall I should visit if I only have time for one?
We hope to stop in for lunch and a bit of practice so a decent menu would be nice.
Also, if any members here are realtors in that area who may be willing to answer questions for us, that would be great.
Thanks for any suggestions.
-James

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chattanooga Billiards Club. I think there are two locations. One right downtown and one on the outskirts. The one downtown is nice with a good bar and menu, but lots of college kids, if that matters. Never been to the one on the outskirts, but have heard that it is more of a players room....this was all pre pandemic, so things could have changed..

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve spent time at the CBC on Jordan Drive, but pre pandemic. Several tables, good food and used to have a fine selection of cigars. If it hasn’t changed much in the last two years, I’m sure you’ll have a good time.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Melissa’s is a nice place. Very big with lots of Diamond bar tables and 2 nine foot Diamonds.
Chattanooga Billiards Club East is nice and has all 8 foot Gold Crowns with I believe 2 Diamonds. I’ve had enjoyable experiences at both but the last time I was at CBC East it was a Saturday night and there was a twenty dollar cover charge to get in for me and my girlfriend and it was crowded with non player college types. It was awful but the other 5-6 times I was in there was good. Sweet Melissa’s is my favorite place to play in Chattanooga though. Players room and the staff was very nice.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Thank you guys for the information.
I'm hoping to find diamonds and bar box would be even better since the wife rarely plays.
I also have the state championships on diamond BB coming up.
Traditional pool hall > loud college hangout.
Thanks again.

BlueRaider

Registered
For Diamond bar boxes, check out the aptly named Diamond Billiard Club on Hixson Pike. 8 or so 7' Diamond bar boxes and 2 9' Diamond tables.

Sweet Melissa's is also a good choice, as its very similar in terms of table offerings.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chattanooga Billiard Club East is a fantastic pool room. The downtown location is more of a bar and not by any means is it is serious pool room.

Well worth the trip to CBC East, the best room in the area. Reminds me of Zingales in Tallahassee or Gate City Billiards in Greensboro, NC

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
For Diamond bar boxes, check out the aptly named Diamond Billiard Club on Hixson Pike. 8 or so 7' Diamond bar boxes and 2 9' Diamond tables.

Sweet Melissa's is also a good choice, as its very similar in terms of table offerings.
I'll check this out, and perhaps the east side club as well. We are looking at property in Hixson iirc.
Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Melissa's at Northpoint Blvd off Hwy 153 is located behind Home Depot. Diamond Billiards on Hixson Pike located in a small shopping center which has a Food City grocery. Both are very safe and clean with clean tables. Tables at Diamonds are being covered this week. Both places have full kitchens with upscale menu's as good or better than any billiard establishment. Rental rates are the least expensive too.

Csim

Chattanooga billiards downtown is an experience in itself walking up the stairs.

If you go make sure you call to find out what time the pool room upstairs opens. Because the website tells you the hours for the downstairs. I went and it said it opened at 11. I got there and the pool room didn't open till 5 and they wouldn't let me go up there.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
We checked out CBC East one night.
I wasn't looking for action because I had the wife with me but I didn't see any players in the room.
They have some well-maintained GC2s (I think) but the tables I saw had the flat rubber pockets like the GC5s rather that the plastic pockets that stick up.
The side of the room we were on had both 8' and 9' tables alternating between the two all the way down the rows of tables.
It was a good time but we were surprised to see smoking was allowed in the room. Reminded me of the halls back in Illinois long ago.
I didn't mind the smoke it but my wife wasn't too happy about it.
Spent some time talking with Jeff behind the counter. Good guy with pool stories at the ready.
I suspect he'd be the guy I'd look to for steering me action or playing.
We didn't have time to check out any other rooms but thank you guys for the help in finding a nice room on the road.
We'll be heading to Jackson and Clarksville, Tennessee in March so if anyone has tips for those places we'd appreciate it.
Thanks again!

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We'll be heading to Jackson and Clarksville, Tennessee in March so if anyone has tips for those places we'd appreciate it.
Thanks again!
Clarksville has two rooms I’m familiar with. Classic Cue and Night Deposit. Both are about the same size with 8-10 Diamond bar tables and 1 Diamond nine footer. Both got new tables fairly recently.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Anyone know of any pool halls in Jackson, TN?
I'm not having much luck searching on the web unless there really isn't one there.
Some place called "Sharky's" pops up in nearby Humbolt but I'm not sure it's open.
If anyone knows of a place, please post up here.
Thanks!

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Will be in Clarksville the week of the 14th.
Plan to check out Classic Cue.
Any other halls there I don't want to miss?
Thanks