Cheap action in Huntsville, Alabama 3/21 and 3/22

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey folks,

I will be in Huntsville, Alabama Friday and Saturday (21st and 22nd) and would love some cheap 9 and 10 ball action.

To me, cheap would be ~:

10 ball...., magic rack, race to 10 / $40....to 8 / $30....to 6 / $20...etc..etc.., no money on break, call shot / safe, 3 fouls you lose, rack your own.

9 ball....., 9 on spot, break in box, magic rack, no money on break, NO call shot/safe, rack your own, 3 fouls you lose, race length and price would be same as 10 ball.

Don't care who you are or how good or bad you play......"we play EVEN", in other words:

If you are a NIT, please dont bother.

I would love to play from 6pm-ish till closing both nights.

I like to post before each and every set....lol....even on cheap, cheap sets such as these. It's just good practice.

Also, I play on 9' tables. No toy tables for me.

If your interested, PM me your digits and I'll call you when I wake tomorrow, which is usually around 2:00 pm.

Keep in mind, I'm an easy mark for most anyone.... so....come and get it!!!!!

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The dates on thread title are wrong.

I meant to put in 22nd and 23rd.

I can play at bumpers or goodtimez. Just let me know.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
There should be someone lurking around bumpers or good timez willing to play at that level. There is a ten dollar buy in tournament at Bumpers Tonight at 8 and I believe a ten dollar buy in with calcutta tournament at good timez tomorrow at 6.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want have any problem getting cheap sets at either place. But the "don't matter who you are or how you play" is a bold statement. There's quiet a few at both places that play REAL sporty. If you play even with Robert then you may be OK. Have Fun and good Luck.....:thumbup:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There should be someone lurking around bumpers or good timez willing to play at that level. There is a ten dollar buy in tournament at Bumpers Tonight at 8 and I believe a ten dollar buy in with calcutta tournament at good timez tomorrow at 6.

I've been to both places a couple times. I dont normally play tournaments but I will if nothing else is happening.

Thanks for the info, have a good one.

Rake

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You want have any problem getting cheap sets at either place. But the "don't matter who you are or how you play" is a bold statement. There's quiet a few at both places that play REAL sporty. If you play even with Robert then you may be OK. Have Fun and good Luck.....:thumbup:

I've been a couple times. Maybe there will be more people there this time that likes to play big tables.

Most people prefer the BB's.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should be in Huntsville by 7ish tonight. My wife takes fffooooooorrrrrrrrreeevvvver to get ready to........gggrrrrrrrrrrr.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a couple bites but everyone seems to HATE big tables.

It seems....if I want a game....I'm gonna have to be the one that "gives-in" and play on BB.

I've had 5 offers but each and every one said they "will not" play on a 9' table.

I dont get it. Its CHEAP AS HELL practice.

I'll play BB....you guys win.

I'll report back how bad I lost and who beat my a55....

Big table 10 ball still needed though....

I prefer cheap but I'm not scared to up it a tad.....say $100 a set to 11. As long as it's not a "one set and done"....

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a couple bites but everyone seems to HATE big tables.

It seems....if I want a game....I'm gonna have to be the one that "gives-in" and play on BB.

I've had 5 offers but each and every one said they "will not" play on a 9' table.

I dont get it. Its CHEAP AS HELL practice.

I'll play BB....you guys win.

I'll report back how bad I lost and who beat my a55....

Big table 10 ball still needed though....

I prefer cheap but I'm not scared to up it a tad.....say $100 a set to 11. As long as it's not a "one set and done"....

Wish I was around . When are you headed south west ? I'll PM you and good luck they are nits around there for sure . I go right past Huntsville now . They ask a million questions and tough to get anything over 50$ a set and only play 1set . Heck one guy had a Predator shirt on and was sponsored and said he was trying to get staked for 100$ set ... I laughed and got outa there as fast as I could . They Nits big time ! Hope you get one of them tho sir and have fun

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish I was around . When are you headed south west ? I'll PM you and good luck they are nits around there for sure . I go right past Huntsville now . They ask a million questions and tough to get anything over 50$ a set and only play 1set . Heck one guy had a Predator shirt on and was sponsored and said he was trying to get staked for 100$ set ... I laughed and got outa there as fast as I could . They Nits big time ! Hope you get one of them tho sir and have fun

I didn't get to Huntsville in time to play tournament. I was about 15 minutes to late.

There may be some sporty players here but they are not here now, that's for sure.

Nits?.... I was told I would encounter several and I have. Most are scared to death of $40 sets.

I've played three sets, one for $40, one for $25 and one for $10. All three sets were 10 ball race to 9 and all three were "one and done".

I'm gonna be at goodtimez tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Tonight, I played on BBs but I'm gonna enjoy myself tomorrow night and I dont enjoy playing on small tables so, tomorrow night ifs 9' or I'll just play the ghost.

Oh....lol.... there was one jailbird that tried to get me to bet $1,000 on one of my sets. Lol.... the set was for $25..... yeah right.

I guess some people dont believe me when I say "I'm a cheap gambler"....

Not here to make rent money. Damn!!!!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't get to Huntsville in time to play tournament. I was about 15 minutes to late.

There may be some sporty players here but they are not here now, that's for sure.

Nits?.... I was told I would encounter several and I have. Most are scared to death of $40 sets.

I've played three sets, one for $40, one for $25 and one for $10. All three sets were 10 ball race to 9 and all three were "one and done".

I'm gonna be at goodtimez tomorrow night if anyone is interested. Tonight, I played on BBs but I'm gonna enjoy myself tomorrow night and I dont enjoy playing on small tables so, tomorrow night ifs 9' or I'll just play the ghost.

Oh....lol.... there was one jailbird that tried to get me to bet $1,000 on one of my sets. Lol.... the set was for $25..... yeah right.

I guess some people dont believe me when I say "I'm a cheap gambler"....

Not here to make rent money. Damn!!!!

Did ya win? Love the balls out in the open looking for action attitude that you have.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did ya win? Love the balls out in the open looking for action attitude that you have.

Just got home and settled in. The room closed at 2am.

It took what seemed like forever to get someone to play a "set". Most wanted to just "hit em around". I'm all for practice (hitting them around) but, that's for the practice table at home.

When I (rarely) do venture out to test the waters, I'm looking for the most pressure a "cheap set" can bring.

Evidently, cheap is not cheap enough these days. I actually played a set.... race to 15 for $10. Tell me I want grind for pennies....lol.

There are strippers that dont grind as much as I had to last night. Especially not for that small of price.... I'd hate to see the stripper that would..lol.

Anyways, best set of the night was $80 race to 10, ten ball, win by 2, 3 foul, winner break, call shot/call safe and rack your own. He was a good shot maker but his safes seemed weak and IMO, that's what beat him.

BTW, it seems skipping the tournament is best. Sit and let others beat on each other and then challenge the winner. He was sorta pissed that it took him 6 hours to win tournament and 40 minutes to lose it.

Not knocking the guy in the least. Like I said, if his safes were stronger he would have been much harder to beat.

Well, I'm gonna try to catch some zzzzz's so I can go back tonight.

Not sure where I'll be but, it'll be bumpers or goodtimez.

Anyone interested in playing or just meeting, drop me a PM.

Rake

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got home and settled in. The room closed at 2am.

It took what seemed like forever to get someone to play a "set". Most wanted to just "hit em around". I'm all for practice (hitting them around) but, that's for the practice table at home.

When I (rarely) do venture out to test the waters, I'm looking for the most pressure a "cheap set" can bring.

Evidently, cheap is not cheap enough these days. I actually played a set.... race to 15 for $10. Tell me I want grind for pennies....lol.

There are strippers that dont grind as much as I had to last night. Especially not for that small of price.... I'd hate to see the stripper that would..lol.

Anyways, best set of the night was $80 race to 10, ten ball, win by 2, 3 foul, winner break, call shot/call safe and rack your own. He was a good shot maker but his safes seemed weak and IMO, that's what beat him.

BTW, it seems skipping the tournament is best. Sit and let others beat on each other and then challenge the winner. He was sorta pissed that it took him 6 hours to win tournament and 40 minutes to lose it.

Not knocking the guy in the least. Like I said, if his safes were stronger he would have been much harder to beat.

Well, I'm gonna try to catch some zzzzz's so I can go back tonight.

Not sure where I'll be but, it'll be bumpers or goodtimez.

Anyone interested in playing or just meeting, drop me a PM.

Rake

Well at least you got to play some. Good luck to you tonight. I would much rather play all night in a series of cheap sets than spend half the night waiting for my next match. In a place with a limited number of tables you pretty much always sit half the time waiting for your next match. That sucks to me!

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
If it was that much of a grind to find a cheap set maybe it’s you and not the people you have encountered here? With all due respect.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple of questions...

What is a NIT?

What do you mean by you like to post after each set?

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was that much of a grind to find a cheap set maybe it’s you and not the people you have encountered here? With all due respect.

See that's why I wish I was there , I see opportunities to play a stranger that is willing to do whatever on a big table and wants to bet 100$ a set to get started , by the end of the night you could be betting 500$ per set / game who knows .... He wants to do something and the nits are scared ! Sorry I'm not around bud but I hope you get someone, you sure deserve it ! Oh and to answer the other guys question on whats a nit ? Hard to explain but when you encounter one you will know . All shapes and sizes but you will know . Good luck 👍🏻