Cheating a coin chute? Is this possible?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am wondering if it is possible to cheat a coin chute? Here is a video I am wondering if this is fake youtube or legit? Just saying this to hopefully avoid comments and such I am posting this for knowledge. I am not condoning any such action.

Maybe someone who owns a coin op bar box could give this a try?

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I am wondering if it is possible to cheat a coin chute? Here is a video I am wondering if this is fake youtube or legit? Just saying this to hopefully avoid comments and such I am posting this for knowledge. I am not condoning any such action.

When I was a kid we used to have a friend that worked at the batting cages. To operate the machine they had punched out sheet metal the size of a quarter. He would hook us up with 100s of them.
They also fit in the cigarette and pop machines 😉

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was a kid we used to have a friend that worked at the batting cages. To operate the machine they had punched out sheet metal the size of a quarter. He would hook us up with 100s of them.
They also fit in the cigarette and pop machines 😉

At least anymore with pop and vending machines that trick wont work.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a fun little story. If it worked today I would not have posted it.
Asking how to defeat coin-op tables or any other way to cheat an industry you care very much about is stupid to put it mildly.
This is kind of one of those things that can go either way. With computers companies hire people to try and break into their systems and such so they can increase security. In my opinion it should be the same with everything.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Real Genius, they used a sliced frozen liquid nitrogen disk in a machine, maybe try that.
In all seriousness I would. If I had the knowledge and equipment to do that I would. Also I would try this straw technique in the video if I owned my own coin op table or was able to try on one.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

You come up with the best threads!!!!!!! (said no one ever)
Maybe tomorrow we can discuss how to break into a locked cue cabinet so we can steal all of the cues on display.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You come up with the best threads!!!!!!! (said no one ever)
Maybe tomorrow we can discuss how to break into a locked cue cabinet so we can steal all of the cues on display.

That would be illegal but if you want the information just to learn here is the youtube channel for you.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha. As kids (when we didn’t have money) and before vending coin ops caught on we would take sewing thread and a small piece of scotch tape and lower it into the coin slot till you caught the counter then just jiggle up and down till the credits start appearing. This was in the height of the video game era when asteroids and Pac-Man were the in thing. We would play for hours. Call us thief’s but by today’s standards it’s pretty innocent. If you got caught our local owner would make us pick up trash in the parking lot. Those were the days. When you could publicly humiliate wrong doers and you learned a lesson in front of your friends.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Throughout history there have been all sorts of ways to "beat" mechanical vending machines/ gambling slots/ coin dispensers/ laundry machines etc. etc. When I was very young in the early 1960s there were soda machines that dropped a cup down into a holding shelf and the machine dispensed Coca Cola into that cup for a dime.

Well, I had a friend who was very, very street wise and he watched the service guy refill the machine, when the service guy was done, there was a button he pressed to dispense a cup of cola just to make sure everything was in working order, without him having to use a dime at every stop.

My buddy realized that as young kids (9/10) our arms and hands were small enough to reach up through the cup dispenser slot and reach the service button :) :) - We never paid for soda again! Simple mechanical systems were always vulnerable- and now even the most sophisticated online systems can be hacked as well!

Does anyone remember when guys placed a quarter in the bar table slot and when they pushed in the slot with the quarter they would wedge a thin shim under the coin sot to keep it open for play at no cost- saw it all the time until they changed the mechanism where the balls only came out upon release of the mechanism back to its starting point.

Last edited:

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My boy scout troop met in a firehouse that had a pop machine that dispensed upright bottles. You slide the bottle over to a spot and it would unlock the release after you put coins in. Ha, we all brought straws and just removed the cap and sucked the soda out of the bottle while they were still in the machine. 20 years later I met a guy who used to be a fireman at that station. He remembered that and said they were mildly impressed by the ingenuity of us little thieving boy scouts.