Chezka Centeno

Barbox pool with alternating breaks levels the playing field.

Skylar's opponent was one 9 ball miss from forcing a 2nd set in the mens true double elimination finals.

Bar box pool is a much easier game. Sucesses are easier for the lesser player. The game is so much more random.

9 foot tables are my preference, but every once in awhile it's fun to rock the box.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Also, what was the final score in the finals and who did she play against? I was not home yesterday and missed it. During her trip to the hotseat, she won over her opponents either 5-0 and 5-1 in an alternate break format. ...

5-4 over Allison Fisher in the finals.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5-4 over Allison Fisher in the finals.

Thanks. I have seen the video posted in another thread. The race was only up to 5 and after being down 0 to 2 against the great Allison Fisher in an alternate break format, I thought Allison was going to win already. However, she did not wilt under the pressure and still managed to win 5 to 4.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She (Bakula) did beat Keith and Buddy in the same tournament.

I have always quantified my observations, by saying a top female player, may defeat any top male player, in a short tournament race!..Big deal, so can a 'C' player!..Does anyone actually believe, that any female would prevail in a lengthy 'ahead race', with players of that caliber?..It is not only highly unlikely, I don't believe it has ever happened!....Reason being, any lady would be such an underdog going in, finding a stakehorse (without getting weight) would be virtually impossible!..Even John Barton, or certainly not Jay Helfert, would be that foolish! ;)

PS..I realize I may sound a bit 'anti-female pool player'..Thats not the case at all..I wish they were all more competitive!..It would instantly double the chances for more high $$$ action!....Go Chezka, make those gals step up their game! :thumbup:

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You go boy! Looks like you called this one with Chinco (sp) before everyone else. Honestly I had not even heard of them before your post but apparently one of the top in the world getting ready for the open. Good job! I'm not getting too too excited quite yet about your lines just yet though - based on your past predictions and honestly even a cbroken clock is right twice a day lol. I know you're in love with Fargo and that's cool I guess. I put forth something to Mike earlier and we will see what he says but I'm gonna keep an open mind about Fargo though. Are you still in action? on the road? u playing tournies? Sorry haven't kept up. btw, what's up with Gene? I liked following him in his travels ( honestly when it didn't involve you - no offense ) but I have not seen much from him in quite awhile. Is he ok? What happened with the motor home he got for the road? It seemed really nice but then shortly afterword his stories kind da stopped? The only reason I ask you is because aren't you guys close supposedly? I have nothing but respect for Geno, a true road dog!

wimpy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that's where we live, right on the outskirts.

Attachments

• received_564528850413934.jpeg
    received_564528850413934.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 275

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always quantified my observations, by saying a top female player, may defeat any top male player, in a short tournament race!..Big deal, so can a 'C' player!..Does anyone actually believe, that any female would prevail in a lengthy 'ahead race', with players of that caliber?..It is not only highly unlikely, I don't believe it has ever happened!....Reason being, any lady would be such an underdog going in, finding a stakehorse (without getting weight) would be virtually impossible!..Even John Barton, or certainly not Jay Helfert, would be that foolish! ;)

PS..I realize I may sound a bit 'anti-female pool player'..Thats not the case at all..I wish they were all more competitive!..It would instantly double the chances for more high $$$ action!....Go Chezka, make those gals step up their game! :thumbup:

Dick,

You are arguing against something that no one is suggesting.

Those that support the Fargo rating and/or support what it is saying about where the top women players place relative to the men are not saying that any woman is yet at the level of the elite men pros (say top 20 in the world). Centeno is rated about 100 in the world on Fargo - so at most she would be even with the other players around her level.

And, like any player around that level, she stands a chance against an elite pro in a tournament format, and a better chance the shorter the race. No player at around 100th in the world (male or female) has much of a chance against an elite pro in a much longer race. So of course Centeno is a serious underdog against Alex or SVB or Darren or Niels or Ko or Chua or the rest of those killers in a long race - but then so is Scott Frost (in 9b or 10b) or Oscar.

The interesting question is how Centeno and others would do against men rated around her level. What we do know, however, is that she seems to do okay in gambling matches in PI against good (but not elite) men with reasonably long races (like a race to 17 or 21). I, like many others, would like to see her play people like Frost in a lengthy 9b or 10b match.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
She is higher rated right now than Corey Duel

You make it sound like a big achievement. Every pro that respects him/her-self should score higher than Corey. If not, they should change sport.:grin: