Chicago Action

Threat

Registered
Chicago action everywhere. After landing I went to Red Shoes and was in action right away. Yesterday afternoon I went to Chris’s and had a waiting list for my money. After my beating I drove to Res Shoes for another beating from Ike.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen the amount of action available anywhere that can match Chicago for us regular players. I’ve been to Chicago many times and always get action. Big props to Red Shoes for investing in new table tops for their old Gold Crowns. I wish I could get to their monthly tournaments.

Who beat you at Chris's?

yurdun4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably fairly hard to find any other action when you start with Ike, win or lose.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably fairly hard to find any other action when you start with Ike, win or lose.

I have a a waiting list to play me at most rooms:smile: Usually it works out it’s the best players that ask me to play. It’s tough to win because the guys my speed think I’m a road player LOL and they won’t play me. I learn from the good players so it mostly works out. That’s why I like cheaper action. Otherwise I’d need two jobs:thumbup:

dchan320

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chicago action everywhere. After landing I went to Red Shoes and was in action right away. Yesterday afternoon I went to Chris’s and had a waiting list for my money. After my beating I drove to Res Shoes for another beating from Ike.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen the amount of action available anywhere that can match Chicago for us regular players. I’ve been to Chicago many times and always get action. Big props to Red Shoes for investing in new table tops for their old Gold Crowns. I wish I could get to their monthly tournaments.

I was at Chris' Sunday. Was in town for my father's birthday get together with the family, but had Sunday to spend with a few friends from college. We decided to hang out at Chris' and shoot some pool. As you said, there was action all right.

But what's more interesting to me were the games and events that occurred in this single day while I was there.

1. Arrived around 4pm, took a quick tour of the place. League room had APA matches, main diamond in the front room had a 1p match going on, and against the wall people were playing 3c.
2. My friend and I got one of the diamond 9' in the main room near the back to shoot around. During that time, I believe 2 guys started playing bank pool on the GC near the snooker table. They were screaming at each other the whole time, but I get the sense they've done it before and it's nothing out of the norm. Think the guy left with an empty wallet.
3. Step out for pizza, returned afterwards to play some more. This time, I think Ike was playing straight pool against someone. There's also a 9b tournament going on in the tournament room.
4. About an hour later, there's 9b action and behind that is a group a guys drinking beer playing some game using the pill bottle. Didn't know Chris' was BYOB. lol
5. about 10pm, someone carrying a snooker cue heads over to the snooker table in the back (apparently, it's actually his table as in owns it from what I was told).

To sum it up... I saw APA 8b, 9b tournament, 1p action, straight pool, banks, 9b, 3c, snooker, and pill/check pool all in one visit.

-Doug

Last edited:

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can find John “Red Shoes” Zaksas at Pockets in Crestwood, only a few miles away from Red Shoes

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at Chris' Sunday. Was in town for my father's birthday get together with the family, but had Sunday to spend with a few friends from college. We decided to hang out at Chris' and shoot some pool. As you said, there was action all right.

But what's more interesting to me were the games and events that occurred in this single day while I was there.

1. Arrived around 4pm, took a quick tour of the place. League room had APA matches, main diamond in the front room had a 1p match going on, and against the wall people were playing 3c.
2. My friend and I got one of the diamond 9' in the main room near the back to shoot around. During that time, I believe 2 guys started playing bank pool on the GC near the snooker table. They were screaming at each other the whole time, but I get the sense they've done it before and it's nothing out of the norm. Think the guy left with an empty wallet.
3. Step out for pizza, returned afterwards to play some more. This time, I think Ike was playing straight pool against someone. There's also a 9b tournament going on in the tournament room.
4. About an hour later, there's 9b action and behind that is a group a guys drinking beer playing some game using the pill bottle. Didn't know Chris' was BYOB. lol
5. about 10pm, someone carrying a snooker cue heads over to the snooker table in the back (apparently, it's actually his table as in owns it from what I was told).

To sum it up... I saw APA 8b, 9b tournament, 1p action, straight pool, banks, 9b, 3c, snooker, and pill/check pool all in one visit.

-Doug

Now that’s one hell of a day

1 Pocket Ghost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-Doug

That was me playing One Pocket :smile:

- Ghost