Chicagoland area west/southwest suburbs

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Q pub and grill in Downers Grove Il. Formerly 63rd st billiards. My home spot! 4 9’ GC 4’s and about 10 Diamond bar boxes. The cue balls on GCs have a big dot on them that might take a minute to get used to. Super pros. Well kept place. Good food and drink. DJ on at least Saturday nights and maybe Friday too. Also a Q bar in Darien about 5 miles away from there which I haven’t been to in a long while even though it’s closer to me. I could be wrong but I think Q bar is more a place for small venues now Q pub is more for pool. It gets loud in both. You’ll find some small action there. If you are looking for action and quiet go further south to Red Shoes in Alsip. It’s the “known” suburbs spot. All 9’s GC’s and Diamonds with tight pockets and 2 Diamond bar boxes. A basic semi full bar/basic food setup. That’s the place that could probably call someone if you are looking for a game. For loud fun go to a Q.

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q pub and grill in Downers Grove Il. Formerly 63rd st billiards. My home spot! 4 9’ GC 4’s and about 10 Diamond bar boxes. The cue balls on GCs have a big dot on them that takes a minute to get used to. Super pros. Well kept place. Good food and drink. DJ on at least Saturday nights and maybe Friday too. Also a Q bar in Darien about 5 miles away from there which I haven’t been to in a long while even though it’s closer to me. I could be wrong but I think Q bar is more a place for small venues now Q pub is more for pool. It gets loud in both. You’ll find some small action there. If you are looking for action and quiet go further south to Red Shoes in Alsip. It’s the “known” suburbs spot. All 9’s GC’s and Diamonds with tight pockets and 2 Diamond bar boxes. A basic semi full bar/basic food setup. That’s the place that could probably call someone if you are looking for a game. For loud fun go to a Q.
I've been in the south 'burbs now for a little over a year. Moving back to north side soon. Haven't played because of work and covid but I look forward to trying some of the local tournaments around town this summer and fall.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I've been in the south 'burbs now for a little over a year. Moving back to north side soon. Haven't played because of work and covid but I look forward to trying some of the local tournaments around town this summer and fall.
I don’t know how you shoot but the once a month Red Shoes tournaments are good. John hasn’t listed any yet this year. There’s some solid high fives and 600’s over there. Haven’t had the chance to go a round with a 675+ yet which is a bummer, but they are there sometimes too.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t know how you shoot but the once a month Red Shoes tournaments are good. John hasn’t listed any yet this year. There’s some solid high fives and 600’s over there. Haven’t had the chance to go a round with a 675+ yet which is a bummer, but they are there sometimes too.
I’ll probably get to red shoes sometime. I’d really like to try some of the two day bar box events around the area. I’ll be working a lot the next several months so probably won’t have a chance to compete until mid-late summer.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
I graduated from Willowbrook High School in Villa Park, any connection to your handle?