circa 1950 AE Schmidt tooled case

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
Just received a 1939 Harvey Martin cue with this beatiful A.E. Schmidt case.

Anybody know who Louis Crillo is or was? I believe it originated in northern California. The same name is on the cue.

ae-schmidt_C2197-az.jpg

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
billiardcue said:
Just received a 1939 Harvey Martin cue with this beatiful A.E. Schmidt case.

Anybody know who Louis Crillo is or was? I believe it originated in northern California. The same name is on the cue.

View attachment 74277

Wow! Dick, that is a super neat old case and a super find!!

Lisa

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
I have a case very similar to this, how did you determine it was a schmidt case? On mine, underneath the strap that goes over the lid, is an engraving of a makers mark. I will have to dig it out and check again. Nice find Dick, thanks..........Robin

MoonshineMattK

Silver Member
What a beautiful case. Is that similar to the one Fast Eddy carries in The Hustler? Could you post a pic on the interior? I'm curious.

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
MoonshineMattK said:
What a beautiful case. Is that similar to the one Fast Eddy carries in The Hustler? Could you post a pic on the interior? I'm curious.
This case is the same as the case 'Fast Eddie' used in the The Hustler.

The interior is lined with green pool table cloth, no dividers, just an open tube.

billiardcue

11th Commandment
Silver Member
Rockin' Robin said:
I have a case very similar to this, how did you determine it was a schmidt case? On mine, underneath the strap that goes over the lid, is an engraving of a makers mark. I will have to dig it out and check again. Nice find Dick, thanks..........Robin
This is the second one of these cases I've had, and somewhere I have an old A.E. Schmidt catalog with the cases pictured.

Here is a photo of the other one.
C224schmit-az.jpg

Attachments

• ae-schmidt_C2197-az.jpg
    ae-schmidt_C2197-az.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 265