circa 1980 Palmer Custom

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought I would share these pics. Sent to Proficient for restoration.

Attachments

• 0413172131.jpg
    0413172131.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 0413172132.jpg
    0413172132.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 945

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.

I never saw a Palmer with a handle like that. :eek:

What happened at the joint? Where is the joint collar and pin? Broken off?

There has to be a story behind this cue...

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
palmer

yes the cue has the pearl diamond inlays the entire length of the handle. cue was broke with clean break and the joint will need to be rebuilt. I don't know the value but it is a one of a kind ordered by a palmer dealer in late 70's. I am thinking it may be a szamboti forearm. Butt of the cue is dead straight.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just when you think you've seen it all... that is going to be a badass cue! Congrats. Please post up after the restoration.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will do. Value anyone? PM me thanks

Value?

More than I can offer! LOL!

But I have the perfect case for that cue! LOL! LINK

That's the kind of cue you regret selling years later IMHO...depends on the individual I suppose, but to me that's a true treasure. And that handle just screams! You drive that thing to the pool hall in a big Caddy. You gotta wear a nice diamond ring when you shoot with it. You gotta carry a big bankroll with you. And you gotta have a top notch chalk holder. LINK

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well put up closer picture of the forearm...it could be a Szamboti Bicentennial blank...which would def add value...very cool cue for sure
My guess would be 2500+$ range.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well put up closer picture of the forearm...it could be a Szamboti Bicentennial blank...which would def add value...very cool cue for sure
My guess would be 2500+$ range.

It's fuzzy, but it does look like those veneer colors might be right for a Bicentennial.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thing is getting more expensive by the minute.

I gotta tell my wife to get a job...I'll be right back...wish me luck....

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
This thing is getting more expensive by the minute.

I gotta tell my wife to get a job...I'll be right back...wish me luck....

Good luck with the wife-employment proposition, let us know how that goes.

Also, I'm curious about the nickel rings above the wrap. Palmer usually did those evenly, one above, and one below, if they were there. This one has one at the handle, but not one next to the forearm. I'd like to hear the story on that. On the Bicentennial colors, I'll have to look into that. Not sure...

This one's unusual...

All the best,
WW

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck with the wife-employment proposition, let us know how that goes.

Also, I'm curious about the nickel rings above the wrap. Palmer usually did those evenly, one above, and one below, if they were there. This one has one at the handle, but not one next to the forearm. I'd like to hear the story on that. On the Bicentennial colors, I'll have to look into that. Not sure...

This one's unusual...

All the best,
WW

I don't see any nickle rings in the cue at all...what are you talking about? I see Pearlized
Rings at all positions.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I don't see any nickle rings in the cue at all...what are you talking about? I see Pearlized
Rings at all positions.

I see what looks like one nickel ring next to the handle, but maybe it's pearlized, rather than nickel. Now that I've blown up the picture on my phone, there may be a matching ring close to the forearm, but the glare in the second picture is making it look like dots rather than a second ring.

All the best,
WW

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We get so spoiled using our phones. A number of times I missed things in cue pictures that I later saw on my PC screen.

Those rings are a little difficult to make out, but on the big screen they are clearly pearl.

Same with the colors of the veneers. Hard to see on a phone. Even on the big screen they are really fuzzy, but the colors are there.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
We get so spoiled using our phones. A number of times I missed things in cue pictures that I later saw on my PC screen.

Those rings are a little difficult to make out, but on the big screen they are clearly pearl.

Same with the colors of the veneers. Hard to see on a phone. Even on the big screen they are really fuzzy, but the colors are there.

I hear you, but actually, I've found the opposite. I couldn't tell the exact nature of the rings on my computer, but could tell better on my phone.

I need to get a new computer.

All the best,
WW

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wish the OP would comeback with some more insight on this cue....most interesting one I've seen in a while

bob_bushka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue was originally purchased by a Palmer dealer in about 1980. The cue was a custom order, so it is one of a kind. In 1982 the joint was broken off with a clean break that did not get into the body of the forearm. It has been commented that it is a szamboti Bicentennial forearm. The cue has been stored since 1982. The current owner is getting documentation from the original owner on how he acquired the cue. It originally cost $800 dealer cost so retail in 1980 would have been $1600 give or take a dollar or two, lol. With documentation from both the original owner and Proficient I would estimate the cue is worth about $7500.