Cole Dickson

Arlene

Registered
The Official Program for the 1982 Budweiser Classic at Caesar's Tahoe listed Cole's age on his profile of 32, So, depending what month he was born, he was 61 or 62 when he passed away.

He truly was one of the greatest pool players of his era. I had the opportunity to watch him play several times, once at Bucktooth's place in a ring game of Pink Ball. He was one heck of straight shooter! If my memory serves me right, he took down the cash in that game!!

God bless Cole and his family,

Arlene

Jim Ehrbar

Remembering Cole Dickson

I met Cole when I worked at Ronnie Allens pool hall in North Hollywood Calif in the early 70's. That room had all the top players from the west coast and around the country, with regulars like Keith, Cokes, Warbucks, Jay Helfert, San Jose Dick, Hawaiian Brian, Swanney , Popcorn, Peter Rabit, Jersy Red, etc. etc. etc. He had great heart and what a shotmaker. Only played him once in the 80's at a Hubler Vegas tourney, he beat me 9 to 7 in 9 ball. Talked to him again in one of the first Derby City Classics when I was helping Scott Smith run those first events in 1998 & 99. He was off his game by that time but still a great shotmaker with great heart.

Jim Ehrbar

thebaby

Jack of all trades
Silver Member
Cole Dickson Memorial Shirt

For anybody interested, There having a memorial Tournament ,open 9-ball, with $4,000 added. The Tournament is being held in San Francisco, Ca. at Family Billiards, June 29-30. Delbert Wong is Sponsoring the event. A lot of family members will be in attendance. There will be over 125 entries . PLAY THE GAME clothing has designed a Cole Dickson Memorial T-Shirt for this event. This is the last week befor this event kicks off. We still have some Memorial T-Shirts left. You can view the attachments below if your interested. A percentage of all sales is going to the family. Or you can visit us www.playthegameclothing.com under the (SPECIAL EVENT CATAGORY). I'm sure whatever we have left at the time of the event will be gone. My suggestion is order now, if you want one.
See Attachments.

Designed By A Player ,Worn by Players !
www.playthegameclothing.com

Attachments

• PC61_Black-cole dickson-8.jpg
    PC61_Black-cole dickson-8.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 367
  • cole poster.jpg
    cole poster.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 355
  • one pocket-azbill.jpg
    one pocket-azbill.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 376

Poke_N_Hope

Lost in Paradise
Silver Member
Thanks for this post...it is great to seethe tributes and stories.

I have placed order for special commemorative t shirt....what a novel idea to support and remember such a great player and great guy.