College kid looking for a cue! $125 to spend!

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all..

Looking for a nice cue to play with. Only real specifics are standard, 19oz / 58 inches...

Oh and a tip somewhere between 12.5-13mm :D

Show me what ya got! Thanks!

A good way to buy cheap cue, some pool halls have two pieces cues, play with them, if you like one, ask them if you can buy it, offer say $50.00; i did it twice, not bad deal..I do have an an Adam for $100.00 shipped,
one shaft, great cue, let me know.

JoshKC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good way to buy cheap cue, some pool halls have two pieces cues, play with them, if you like one, ask them if you can buy it, offer say $50.00; i did it twice, not bad deal..I do have an an Adam for $100.00 shipped,
one shaft, great cue, let me know.

Damn thats a good idea ill c if i can find one i like tomorrow when i go play.

Sure pm me pics!

Im close to scrapping this plan and buying a mcdermott s1..

Enigmaticul

Banned
Rating - 84.6%
11   2   0
Dam son you are still looking for a cue a month later!!!

I thought by now you would have got one.

Lot of great offers you here man.

I have a custom that I built and would be willing to part with for 150$.

First one on the left

Very stiff, Ultraskin soft tip, oak butt cap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365105550.160386.jpg

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Still Looking?

I see you're still looking for something. Many offers here, some really good ones, some that I'm tempted to take. It's reasonably certain to assume that you probably won't find a Southwest, a Sugartree, or a Scruggs for what you're offering, so out of curiosity - just what are you looking for?

alanvo

Banned
Rating - 88.2%
30   4   0
I see you're still looking for something. Many offers here, some really good ones, some that I'm tempted to take. It's reasonably certain to assume that you probably won't find a Southwest, a Sugartree, or a Scruggs for what you're offering, so out of curiosity - just what are you looking for?
...attention that's worth $125 ?

JoshKC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't this the case with most posts on AZ where the buyer is looking for a underpriced cue that they can't even describe?

Most of them never seem to end in sales. I often wonder why any seller would bother to respond to these types of threads.

Aren't the prospective buyers usually just trying to hook a Swordfish from the midst of a crowded Crappie school?

I always follow them because they end up being an alternative Cue & Case gallery.

didnt think i would get so much backlash for wanting to buy something that i will enjoy as well as one of my friends i play with on a regular basis. as for me having a lot of "quality" offers, this is definitely true but they just didnt fit what i was looking for..

i really dont have any crazy demands (or so i didnt think o_O maybe im wrong?) im just looking for a wrapless 58inch 19oz cue with a 12.5mm shaft.. and as far as i know i havent seen one in this thread yet.

as long as im following the bump rules i dont understand why people would berate me for not purchasing something. although $125 is a joke to some people it is a significant amount of money to me at the moment and i just want to make sure i find something i like.

i apologize if ive offended anybody as that was never my intentions..

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
didnt think i would get so much backlash for wanting to buy something that i will enjoy as well as one of my friends i play with on a regular basis. as for me having a lot of "quality" offers, this is definitely true but they just didnt fit what i was looking for..

i really dont have any crazy demands (or so i didnt think o_O maybe im wrong?) im just looking for a wrapless 58inch 19oz cue with a 12.5mm shaft.. and as far as i know i havent seen one in this thread yet.

as long as im following the bump rules i dont understand why people would berate me for not purchasing something. although $125 is a joke to some people it is a significant amount of money to me at the moment and i just want to make sure i find something i like.

i apologize if ive offended anybody as that was never my intentions..

OK, I get that they didn't fit what you are looking for, but that being said, I'm pretty sure I have seen some offers that match your criteria. I understand that for 125 maybe you think you can't be too picky or can't place to many restrictions on what you hope to find but I think we're beyond that now.
So, you want something without a wrap, standard length (58"), 12.5 tip, 19 oz, are these all solid requirements or are you flexible on any of this? In addition to what you've listed, what else? PJ or ornate? Sneaky? Is the tip important? Are you hoping to find something with a LD laminated shaft? or with 2 shafts? What about the pin, is that important what kind of pin and joint it has? Dark wood, light wood? Short ferrule or long ferrule? Are you hoping to get a case with it? I see that you were just about ready to settle for a McDermott, is that what you're looking for? It's your cash, I would hope you wouldn't settle for anything less than what you want, if you're waiting for someone to offer up a Scruggs, well, you never know. If the 125 is a firm budget, then you may have quite a wait, but really - what are you looking for?
I can't imagine that you've offended anyone, but I guess that like me, folks have seen some of the offers and wondered how you could pass on them. Maybe be a bit more specific, and lets' see exactly what you're looking for. Maybe 125 just won't get it, but you never know, you know?

JoshKC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I get that they didn't fit what you are looking for, but that being said, I'm pretty sure I have seen some offers that match your criteria. I understand that for 125 maybe you think you can't be too picky or can't place to many restrictions on what you hope to find but I think we're beyond that now.
So, you want something without a wrap, standard length (58"), 12.5 tip, 19 oz, are these all solid requirements or are you flexible on any of this? In addition to what you've listed, what else? PJ or ornate? Sneaky? Is the tip important? Are you hoping to find something with a LD laminated shaft? or with 2 shafts? What about the pin, is that important what kind of pin and joint it has? Dark wood, light wood? Short ferrule or long ferrule? Are you hoping to get a case with it? I see that you were just about ready to settle for a McDermott, is that what you're looking for? It's your cash, I would hope you wouldn't settle for anything less than what you want, if you're waiting for someone to offer up a Scruggs, well, you never know. If the 125 is a firm budget, then you may have quite a wait, but really - what are you looking for?
I can't imagine that you've offended anyone, but I guess that like me, folks have seen some of the offers and wondered how you could pass on them. Maybe be a bit more specific, and lets' see exactly what you're looking for. Maybe 125 just won't get it, but you never know, you know?

Of course you make a ton of good points i now kind of see that maybe i was being too vague with what i actually wanted, i guess i didnt post things like joint / tip / etc because those arent as important to me.. i dont expect the cue i buy to come with something like a kamui black you know? And as far as joint... well i dont plan on replacing the shaft anytime soon so in all honestly that isnt very important either. Sneakys, pj, orante, really isnt a big deal i just want something that rolls straight and has a decent look.. to be honest its probably "the plainer the better" because i feel like any cue thats in my $125 price range and tries to look "fancy or high end" usually ends up just looking cheap. a standard just maple shaft would be what i was expecting as well, by no means do i expect someone to offer a 314 on the cue for $125 lol. i've already got a soft case, burnisher, tip tool, and will probably invest in a set of cheap joint protectors if the cue i buy does not come with any. I guess im replying here for you to read but also so future poster can review this and see if their cue fits the criteria.. i know im far from the best but im just looking for a solid cue that can be reliable and last me for the next couple years while i really learn the game until i graduate and get a job (right now im using a chunk of my student loan $$$) and can afford some of these nicer looking cues. and for $125 i believe theres better value in this forum than buying something brand new.