College kid looking for a cue! $125 to spend!

JoshKC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all..

Looking for a nice cue to play with. Only real specifics are standard, 19oz / 58 inches...

Oh and a tip somewhere between 12.5-13mm :D

Show me what ya got! Thanks!

bowiebill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Title says it all..

Looking for a nice cue to play with. Only real specifics are standard, 19oz / 58 inches...

i have a really old viking with a 3/8x10 pin. its just a plane jane, but a real nice shooter.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Buy a McD lucky & use the remaining $90 to take a cheerleader to applebees & IHOP. LOL

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Falcon makes a good quality (very nice hitting, in my opinion) cue, and they are made in Canada (so they are not cheaply made Asian imports)

Here is a link to a nice older used Falcon that is ending on ebay in about 22 hours (that you can probably win for under $100).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Falcon-pool-cue-/151001481846?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232863c276

If you can afford to spend a little more, than you can probably pick up this Joss (that is ending in about 6 hours) for around $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSS-CUE-ST...317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3380223bf5

They are both great cues, for the money (much better quality than a McDermott lucky cue, or other cheaply made Asian import).

You can always find a good deal on a used cue on ebay.

Just keep checking back on there often.

Good luck finding a cue that you like.

Title says it all..

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
Save up a little and buy a used predator cue with a 314-2 shaft. Starting out this is your best move. A number of people here might disagree but I think starting with an LD shaft will help your game.

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
You're not going to be on here 30 years from now telling how you, "paid your way through college with this stick", are you?

:grin:

JoshKC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not going to be on here 30 years from now telling how you, "paid your way through college with this stick", are you?

:grin:

im gonna go out on a limb and say im not good enough to pay for college by playing pool :p

justinb386

Banned
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It is just my opinion, but I really hate the very stiff hit of Predator shafts. The OB (OB1, OB2) shafts hit much better, IMO. I think that the OB2 shafts have a 11.75mm tip on them (1mm smaller than the OB1). You can probably find a cheap butt to go with a used OB1 shaft for the price range that you are wanting to spend ($125). I am sure that you would love the hit of OB shafts, but I know that many players love Predator shafts (including the super stiff Predator Z shafts). I really love Universal Smart Shafts too (invented by Bill Stroud).

Save up a little and buy a used predator cue with a 314-2 shaft. Starting out this is your best move. A number of people here might disagree but I think starting with an LD shaft will help your game.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
Buy a Dale Perry cue from him off ebay. He used to make a great cue, so he knows how. The ones on ebay are ok cues for $125-200. Dont buy the hype BS on his listing indicating that the cue retails for $1795 or some crap like that, but i bet you can pick one up for $125.
Joe

JoshKC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still looking!!!

thanks for all the posters so far i've pmd the ones im interested in

JMLichtwalt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cue

Dale Perry cues are pretty decent for the money. Ebay is the place to fin them. Happy hunting!!!!!

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
Bob Frey ~ for a few $$$ more....

I've got a real nice older Frey cue here >>> http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=308068

000_2237_zpsf20831bc.jpg

It's a player! There is nothing wrong with picking up a McD, Player or one of Dale's cues on EBAY but, this Frey will hold it's value now and after you graduate :wink:

rjb1168

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
This is a Brunswick that you can have for $100 shipped. It is 58 1/2" / 12.9mm and 19 - 20 oz. I will also put a new triangle tip on for you. The cue is in good condition & straight

34001_zpsf48ecb89.jpg

34003_zpscd9167bb.jpg

34005_zpsa14eb1c5.jpg