Connelly rail height

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great work around! I never knew there were any manufacturers producing 1.5 inch thick rails and installing K-55 profile rubber. I had always thought the K-66 cushions were the correct ones for those rails?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Theres more to it than just setting nose height at 1 7/16" is there not?? If the rail is outside of that 2" thickness range that means that the mounting side of the cushion (the sub-rail) needs to be altered to rotate the nose up or down depending on rail thickness which then changes the way the rail plays. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the sub-rail angle where the cushion mounts is what changed between the older Red Label Diamond and the newer Blue Label Diamonds?? That change between the Reds and Blues had a noticeable difference in the way Diamonds play.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Gold Member
Silver Member
Theres more to it than just setting nose height at 1 7/16" is there not?? If the rail is outside of that 2" thickness range that means that the mounting side of the cushion (the sub-rail) needs to be altered to rotate the nose up or down depending on rail thickness which then changes the way the rail plays. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the sub-rail angle where the cushion mounts is what changed between the older Red Label Diamond and the newer Blue Label Diamonds?? That change between the Reds and Blues had a noticeable difference in the way Diamonds play.
I found it interesting that he was able to make it play better. That is the CORE of the story, since the table was made by someone in BUSINESS making them play like crap. He took it and made it play better, how simple and nice. :)

TFT